300ZX TT vs. Viper

may be a repost, but i never get sick of this video…

reminds me of the top gear episode with the supercar comparison, talking about the Ferrari F40, and how turbo lag gives the opponent hope…

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=463364461812589615&q=300zx

wow, 11.3 is one fast z, haha that rhymes, say it out loud

:tup:
nissan>dodge

stock viper only running a 12.6 ugghh

Was the Z on slicks? 93 oct.?

Viper still > Z sorry nissan bois

TOP END MOFO!

But yeah, this vid is old. And 11.31 is slow.

+1

throw a little money into the viper and see whatcha get :smiley:

nice vid tho

12.62@114 for the viper. who was driving my grandmother? :bloated: Z was movin though :tup: vipers are overrated what kind of idiot would ever buy one :gay: :smiley:

:word:

Almost as ghey as a convertable mustang. :smiley:

Yeah or wagons…shit

I would like to see TT vs TT on that mofo :eekdance: then we would see what the nissan can do :gay2:

Possibly the worst lag I’ve ever seen right there…and yeah, I’ve seen Z cars quicker than 11.3. But that still is a fantastic time…

eh sleeping at the line

haha… funny seeing who is posting 11.3 is slow in here :wink:

And from what I recall… there was/is only 1 Z in the area that has even run remotely close to that time.

OK but if we’re keeping things even then the Viper’s gotta pull 4 plug wires. Then we’ll see what the dodge can do!

That wouldnt be even due to parasitic loss. To be even, the Viper can only run 6/10’s of the boost the 300Z is running.

Bets anyone?

Yeah, but whats the cost comparison of buying a Viper and doing TT with supporting mods vs. a TT Z with mods capable of beating a Viper TT

I bet the Z is far less expensive.

Its a waste of time to argue about mods and things because any body with unlimited disposable $ could build ANY car to beat an enthusiast.

lol, i wasnt arguing, I was being a dumbass. Considering there are Viper’s in the 9’s not even running 1 bar of boost…I would say 6/10s of what the Z was running would still be JUST a little unfair.

And I agree, money based arguments are useless. Generally, if you have enough money for the car, you have enough money to cover the skewed cost of parts for that particular car. This in particular is one reason I dont even want to hear it from anyone as an excuse when my car is done “Well YOU put more money into your car than I did!” You want to know what? Blow me, because it should be costing person XYZ a FUCKLOAD less than me to make their car as fast as mine. I mean fuck, my rods and pistons could buy a nice new car… pay to play, I dont have the luxury of off-the-shelf stuff like most everyone else does, and half-assing+hoping in my shoes it not an option. Blow up an LS1? Pick up one of many used shortblocks off ebay or the like, dime a dozen… Blow up a V-10? Plan on a second mortgage… and then as an added bonus, your car gets wacked with depreciation for not having the original engine.

Good morning dickhead:wiggle:

This thread is going to turn into a cockjoust between viper and 300ZX owners (and former owners)

Don’t go there

You are paranoid. If there isnt an LS1/LT1 based car owner involved, the thread wont explode.