302 from a 89-93 fox body 5.0

Looking for a complete 302 for my mustang. The mileage isn’t a big deal as I’ll be over hauling the top end anyways. Also need the ecu, engine wire harness, under hood fuze box and gas pedal. If it has an AOD transmission attached I’ll take that also :slight_smile: The more complete the better. But as far as acc it only needs water pump and alt.

Shoot me a pm if you have something. I am free most days and can come take a look. I’m not looking for junk or just parts. Want to get this all done in one shot. Thx.

Thread title makes it look like you’re looking for a whole car, want me to change it?

A ford explorer from 95-01 will have what you’re looking for as well.

please josh thank you!

:choda:
#LSeverything

I agree. But the cost of the 302 is less than 1/2 of what it would of been to do the 5.3. And I want it done soon.

but then you’ll be bitching for more power!

you should be able to find one of these in a junkyard Explorer

I will have around 300whp when all said and done. If I want more I’ll go the SC route. The wife needs to be able to drive the car as well.

What is your mod list for the 302

Corral.net may be a good resource, if you haven’t looked there.

In regards to finding a donor…be careful. You’re sourcing out some old parts. I did this when tossing the LT1 into the '55 Chevy and it became a major headache. Even though everything looked alright at first, I ended up replacing pretty much every accessory (starter, water pump, alt, power steering pump, etc.) before the car even hit the road.

Headers, heads, cam & intake. Not sure what heads I’ll go with yet (leaning towards the AFR 165’s then upgrade to the 185’s if and when I want a SC) Cam will be the E cams. And intake I’ll be going GT40/GT40p with a little port work. After I sit the motor in I’ll look into header clearance and try for some 4-2-1 long tubes. Then work my way to the rear with the rest of the exhaust.

• Updated - - -

i hear you. Most will be replaced anyways. All gaskets the whole top end will be refreshed. I don’t plan to just drop in the motor and go. I’ll only be using a water pump and alt. So not to worried there with the accessories.

Just my opinion, as you said the 302 is cheaper than a 5.3 swap yet you’re wanting to do heads/cam/port/etc…

I had built a small block with aluminum heads, cam, etc when I had my s10. wasn’t cheap, had to run on a mix of premium and 100 octane, and got about 4 mpg. all said and done, I could have dropped a newer 5.3 in it, with a few mods had the same power, all while having the drivability that newer technology offers. that newer technology would have been cheaper too.

I honestly feel you should look for a newer driveline for this but that’s just me.

It’s not the cost of the motor that makes the 5.3 expensive. The work that needs to be done for custom headers, trans tunnel needs to be modified, shock towers need to be modified or gotton rid of all together and a mustang 2 front suspension installed. Custom motor mounts.

I’m all in for a Ls swap. But I don’t have 8k to have someone do it for me. The 302 drops right in and for around 2k with trans it will be all done. Maybe I won’t port anything. But deff heads, cam & intake manifold. Find someone put a LS in the car for 5k said and done and I’ll drop it off this weekend.

What kind of car?

69 mustang coupe.

You’re looking at 290-300rwhp right there.

One of the most stout combos I’ve seen for a bolt-on NA 302 was done by a friend about 15 years ago, then duplicated by another friend. Before this they ran more or less the combo you listed above and took that into the mid 12’s. ~10.5:1 302, AFR 165’s, FTI cam (custom grind), Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, 2 1/2" exhaust. ~360-370rwhp. High 11’s in the same car.

I know what the setup will make. That’s why I’m doing it and it’s just about drop in and go :slight_smile: I don’t know why I’m trying to explain myself to everyone who says the older 5.0 isn’t good enough.

Just trying to offer up some better options for the same costs roughly :tup:

http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/3744955.jpg

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/00/00c1fa6714a2d4b639e996bd9294ec27e1213bff1de4958492aaf1a16ae5f3a7.jpg

http://memecrunch.com/meme/XSHG/ls-swap/image.jpg

Again, show me someone who will do it for 5k parts and labor and it will have a LS in it. Thats a trans also.