327whp Out Of The Stock VQ35DE. World Record For Stock Block/Heads!

lol now here’s a prospect. A stock LS1 (in a camaro) makes from 290-310whp (no mods but hey its 5.7liter). They’ve been modified NA to 450-500whp (still not race fuel). I wonder what sasha could do to such a motor :smiley:

Should put an LS v8 in the 350z roadster just for kicks. Somehow build 180 degree headers, get a flat plane crank (lol they’re about 2000+)… something absolutely ridiculous.

Nah I’m just bs talking but it would be another pretty insane build. I know its not nissan :stuck_out_tongue:

Everything that can be done to 5.7L’s has been done…and mass produced. It’s so intense now, you tell them EXACTLY what you want and the custom make your heads, cams, intakes…everything. It’s insane.
And there has been WAY more power out of a 5.7L NA not on race fuel. My 355 LT1 made 538 at the crank.
The S15 would of ran an insane number. But it was WAY to much for an open 2.73 diff and SRA-w/LS. Now that I got coils, ford 9" w/4.55 and 4-link. This bitch will handle the 1400ft lbs of torque.

I’m just procrastinating…hard core

OH! And I forgot…33" wide Street slicks…you guys talk about dish? Puh-lease. You know NOTHING!!!

I must take a pic. I keep forgetting even though they are in my old bedroom.

Sasha…I was wondering.

In that vid. With the test…port? On the intake. Once it was opened. What compensated for the extra volume? I see no MAF…obvi no MAP. Did you just fatten it up a bit before the run? Or…?

Cause…that’s a LOT of extra air lol.

All I know is I heard that thing rippin tek!

The car is tuned via TPS. It took many pulls to get the fueling safe, and then tuned.

Yes, it was a lot more air!

Sasha is tuned alpha-n (so load is measured by TPS voltage, not by MAP or MAF voltage)

edit - Doh. He jumpedi n as I was typing.

hmm. Is this a new school tuning thing? I know I have heard of it…but…I dunno. It dosn’t sound…exactly safe.

Altitudes…temperature and the such? Must have IAT and tons of knock sensors then.

It’s how race cars are tuned.

It is very safe.

:slight_smile:

My bad lol.

I’m still very new to the tuning stuff. Still learning…each and every day.

Yet…

Lets say…racetrack A is 9000ft above sea level and racetrack B is 1000ft above sea level. The major change in altitude…therefore the air density. Will have no effect on the car being run only by a TPS???

It just dosn’t…quite add up.

The intake tube has a pressure sensor and temp sensor before the throttle body to trim for air density and temperature changes.

The ECU also uses live wideband O2 feedback on each bank even under full throttle.

Plus race teams always have data on site and do live track tuning at every event (or at least I do), its just so easy to see what the AFRs are and adjust them accordingly, and the best time to map the engine is obviously in its true racing condition, a dyno is 99% accurate but airflow around the vehicle does have an effect.

and I thinks I gets it now.

I feel a little more comfortable now lol.

I call BS…
Convincing the devil to hide in your engine doesn’t count! :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously though… It’s pretty freakin bad ass… The sound… It’s like listening to Scarlett Johanson and Jessica Alba have sex with each other…

That’s a lot of R&D for just the intake system, but it obviously proved to be worth it in the end! I think this thread shows just how bad ass SG really is (if it hasn’t already been confirmed, lol)

i must say your work has been nothing but impeccable.

the craftsmanship shows how much you guys put into each and every car you work on +1

Well…this is their race car. lol

Any shop with a race car puts immense effort into it.

That’s not true. I know a whole bunch of shops that have half assed race cars and do half assed work. My race cars are examples of my work and my knowledge at that point. go back and look at my S14. Not nearly as clean. I wasn’t nearly as educated.

Now look at all of my customer cars and you’ll see the same attention to detail, the same dt/dtm connectors, the same raychem heat shrink, the same paint marked bolts, the same time put into alignments, the same time put into tuning them on the dyno, the same attention to detail assembling and cleaning components, and the same if not more love and care since the vehicle isn’t mine.

Goos job on the hp output, i have a dirty idea for those intakes, but havent had time to fab something up.

Maybe this year we will share a couple of laps on the track.

Maybe I should have been clearer on my statement then :slight_smile:

The shops that we are close with…put every effort in to every vehicle. Not just their own.

I know there are many shops that do not put the time of day in to anything. I’m not gonna name cough^shit^ any shops cough^fire^.

But, we all know them anyways. Shops like this, if kept under tight management will come out on top. Always.

Look at Mike at MPW. Although, I’m pretty sure he just sold. He opened up a small shop, year after year he grew. Then merged with Steeda from the US. Multi Million dollar company.

I just wish we were aimed more towards performance…rather than, well. Everything.
Once I take over. We’ll see.

I have yet to head over to your shop Sasha. Yet, from everything I have seen through video’s, pictures and WOM. I’m impressed. For some one that is my age as well. ( I may be mistaken here)

Keep the good work up. I’m lovin’ it!. If you ever think what I’m saying is negative, it’s not. Just constructive criticism.
Having nothing but positive to say all the time, mentally puts people on a high horse. Therefore their work falters in the long run.

So please! Take no offense! Cause I’m loving the stuff your pumpin’ out.

I would also say that I put way more effort into customers cars then my own. Lots of people know this lol.