360 getting an overhaul this fall :tup:

thats what I am currently doing. But if xbox really does make it as easy as it looks right now, then I will do that and start paying for the service. At least then the girlfriend will have someone else to bitch at(not me) when shit doesn’t work lol.

no, I meant stream them directly to your TV.

It is probably simpler than using the Xbox for it. :shrug: And FWIW, the streaming content on netflix is currently very limited when it comes to movies. Its mostly old movies and TV shows.

here’s a walkthrough video showing off the new dashboard :tup:

interesting, never knew that something like that existed. Though, I would rather get the xbox I think. I would like to get some xbox360 games plus still have the choice to stream from network fileserver.

yeah i heard that also.

What’s more, you won’t get a crack at every piece of entertainment in Netflix’s 100,000-piece library. Subscribers to this streaming/Xbox Live service may only choose from a smaller subset of 10,000 movies and TV shows.

yeah, it looks like you wont be able to stream them all, but 10K is still a pretty decent amount of media

I have a few hundred movies in my que, only ~20 of the titles are avaialble for instant viewing. Don’t expect recent movies. I’m sure it will continue to improve, I’m just saying don’t sign up thinking gee, 10,00 movies, I’ll never watch em all.

good point walter, thanks

Right, different stokes for different folks. I don’t play SBL enough to justify $50/yr. I get it whenever I’m bored, I’m very fickle. I’d rather just pay for the Roku up front, even though I have a 360. However, they are hardly meant to compete. I was actually shoping for one before this news broke.

the nice thing is that if/when Netflix goes to HD, both will likely still be compatible.

x2

netflix has brd but you cant stream those i dont believe.