360 getting an overhaul this fall :tup:

Well, if this doesn’t seal M$'s victory in north america, I don’t know what will.

additions:
totally redesigned interface, no more “blade” setup

Avatars and party groups (you can chat w/ friends even while playing diff games, share movies and pictures)

16:10 aspect ratio’s for those using an HD monitor instead of an HDTV

NetFlix subscribers can watch movies and share with friends on the console for FREE

New “Primetime” feature lets people play popular game shows on LIVE! (you can win money and prizes on it)

Option to install games on the hard drive, to increase performance and limit noise coming from the dvd spinning.

^ to read more about it

hopefully it doesnt have any more anti-piracy shit in it. but :tup:

That is nice! Especially with the upcoming price drop in the hard drives!

This is awesome:

NetFlix subscribers can watch movies and share with friends on the console for FREE

What is the deal on the HD prices?

coming wayyyy down…don’t recall exact pricing I am too lazy to find the article again…somewhere on IGN

what I’d like to see it an external addon unit for backup storage that you can throw whatever HDD you want in it. Probably not going to happen anytime soon, but 20 & 60GB is too small these days IMO.

shit, I just got my 20GB and only have around 12 free (with next to nothing installed on it)

Cool, I need one, guess I’ll wait.

and the amount of money they want for the 120gig is too much. They have those things you plug into your pc to export your data but meh i would perfer a large drive on it.

that netflix thing is sweet. I seriously would buy one just for that.

yeah, the netflix thing was sort of shocking. As long as you can get them in HD format, I’ll be happy.

I’ve been thinking of subscribing to netflix for a while now too, this is all the more reason

Over 10,000 movies and TV shows can now be found on the marketplace, making MS the largest provider of HD content, notes Mattrick. “I’m proud to announce two a new content partner… NBC and Universal.”

fuckin A :tup:

thats amazing. I honestly could of seen them charging you per viewing (ala vongo and other online movie services).

that rules… very smart of M$ imo (and netflix)

so is this like an update or basically a whole new 360?

it’s an update to the firmware of the 360

very nice indeed then

marketplace prices are way too expensive for HD content as of now.

you realize you can already do that right?

you cant stream netflix movies directly to the 360 yet walter, you can however stream movies on your pc to the 360, so i guess u can order netflix movies, copy them, then stream them to the 360.

yeah that is way too many steps.

And the thing is, that is not a big deal to me. But, if I were to do a setup like that, it would have to be simple enough for the girlfriend to do without getting frustrated. It is NOT worth it if I get calls from her when I am not home that she is unable to watch a show she wants to or something. A nice simple to use app on the xbox itself is what is needed for me to justify it. Otherwise I would just continue to keep my laptop hooked up to the tv with the VGA cable and stream the movies from my samba share the way it is setup to now(or a modded original xbox).

Also, I would like to start paying for my movies, and I cannot justify paying for something that is a pain in the ass to do. 10 bucks a month to have to stream, copy, stream again? f that noise. I’ll just download it to my shared drive and stream it once and save the money. If I could have a nice simple device that I can start watching a movie immediately without shoe-horning it over to the tv through another pc, then I would be willing to spend the money.

i just dl all my HD movies, simple