X360 super duper elite edition

We’ve already had the Xbox 360 Premium and Elite. Both are, of course, fine gaming machines with the best games catalogue in the next-gen field. But come autumn 2008, we reckon both will be rendered obsolete by the Ultimate.

This PS3-killer will benefit from almost three years of Xbox development, featuring 1080p HDMI output, built-in Wi-Fi, hi-def audio output, cooler 65nm hardware architecture and a near-silent fan.

It’ll also have the ability to make the most of the by-then established Xbox IPTV service, which will mean recording TV shows to its vast 320GB hard disk and watching live TV shows via your broadband provider.

But the piece de resistance? It’ll have a built-in HD DVD drive. Let Round 12 with the PS3 commence…

Supposed to announced at CES.

This is cool, but i feel bad for all the people that bought elites that thought they were getting the best 360 out there. I wonder what it will cost…

fuck…

u gonna buy it mike? lmk if u are… ill join the xbox crew… finally!

no shit… that does blow.

wonder if there will be any other hardware enhancements along with it? Either faster CPU/GPU clocks or increased rendering pipelines… although it would probably be pretty pointless unless developers included extra content into future games specifically for the ultimate.

Honestly… I just don’t see Sony winning this one. By the time it really starts catching on, I think there’ll be a newer/better xbox around the corner.

All that’s fine and good, but it’s not gonna help you aim any faster :slight_smile:

lol oh snap

haha

I’d buy it if it wasn’t ridiculous. Esp. if they could make it a decent media center as well (allowing me to stream as well as my modded XBox with XBMC did)

My 360 is a perfect media center, works great

i enjoy my xbox just fine :slight_smile:

have you used the built in windows to 360 media center streamer? read something about it very briefly a year or so ago

I’m awaiting XBMC 360 version as well.

I have an elite now, but with better processing, HDD cap, and MCExt I’d def consider upgrading.

MY 360 is more about MC-Ext then gaming. :tspry:

Cost?

^ more than a PS3

I don’t want your modded :spunk: box

More than the original $700 price tag, or the current $499?

^ :lol:

wtf u talking about?

lol, goto ms.com download MC extender, simple.

The Xbox 360, on the other hand, has the extender software built-in, and the remote control included with the “fully-loaded” packagehttp://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=thelongtail-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B000B43OY4 has a dedicated green Media Center button that both turns on the Xbox 360 and takes it directly to the Media Center interface. The remote can also turn the machine off, which is handy.

i just want IPTV…good bye time warner tv.

How long before the red ring of death pops up??