360 modding questions

I think a voltage increase would be the least of his BuickGN’s worries…

yeah ok, like thats gunna happen.

sorry man been modding for along time, i know what im doing, and how not to get banned.

people have been banned for having ONLY a 12v fan mod. microsoft has acknowledged it too that they have banned people for changes to voltages.

There is a guy on OT that sells them regularly for $20 shipped. PM me if you want his info

thanks for the heads up walter :tup:

you have a PM

http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEAlkApEFkJwVSJWAg.php

that doesnt mean im banned lol, trust me ive done my homework im fine.

So its ok to put a shitty intercooler on?

lol

hmmm, so does this effect upgrading to a quieter fan? or only over powering the stock unit?

lol i love how everyone gets all paranoid over nothing, ive had this mod for a hell of a long time, ive made it through every ban that MS has pushed, i wouldent worry about it steve.

QFT

cause i have the same thing on mine and i’ve had it longer than kevin

lol I’ll take your words for it, but I really don’t want to get banned a week into ownership :smiley:

if by chance you do get banned, is there any way to get unbanned?

yeah buy a new box

changing the fan is different than changing the voltage. personally, i dont see why people worry so much about the fans. keep the xbox in the open and its fine. ive had 2 for over a year both modded and no RRoD. they both are used maybe 40 hours a week too.

keep your hard drive and go buy another xbox.

I don’t want it for more airflow (although I wouldn’t mind that), I want a quieter one

You mod to play “backedup” games, but have to unmod/restore the firmware to play on Live correct? So you still need to own anything you want to play MP?

afaik, you don’t need to restore the firmware to play on live. Just need to make sure that your backup is an exact 1:1 copy of the original

I’m sure kevin (or one of the other 360 OG’s) will chime in on this

Understandable.

No. A mod allows you to play burned/backedup games on live. once its modded, you can play any xbox or xbox 360 original or burned game.

your catching on :slight_smile:

Ahhh. I had seen people post “firmware always restored before using Live” in threads which is where I got confused.

Hrm. I shall need to look into this :wink:

on samsung and benq drives, firmware changes are not detectable so if you are worried about live, all you do is just dont play burned games.

if you are putting a firmware chip in your box on the dvd drive, some turn off the mod when going on xbox live so you only are running the original firmware on the dvd drive.

basically, if you have a samsung/benq drive and you download quality and verified releases, you are really reducing any risk of getting banned.

Bump

A year or so ago I traded my banned modded console for my brother in law’s unmodded console. A few weeks ago my old modded console went RRoD.

Remember, this is a modded console, listed at MS as banned from live because they knew it was modded, that I wasn’t even careful with the warranty sticker so it’s pretty obvious it had been opened. The b-inlaw sends it back and MS still replaced it, free of charge.

:lol: Figured the news would put some of you modders at ease.