3inch catback exhaust install question

I just bought a 3inch blitz nur spec exhaust for my S13. My current exhaust setup is completely stock right now. My question is, will the exhaust bolt directly up to my current stock catalytic converter? I’m planning on getting a new one anyways and am also wondering what brand I should be looking at getting but am only finding ones with 2.25" inlets.outlets etc…

Thanks

Yes, it will bolt-on perfectly.

I think Vibrant makes a nice 3" cat. Magnaflow may have one too, I may have read something about one from them.

awesome, thanks a bunch. :slight_smile:

Catco also makes decent ones

Let me ride shotgun, I wanna see how loud this 3" exhaust will be for a daily driver. This is of course when I get back from Waterloo in 2 weeks.

Btw, are you wintering that MINTY fresh S13? :S

Yeah, We’ll see just how loud it gets. Even with a silencer…I’m already reading up on Ontario highway traffic act to try and find loopholes for when I get pulled over. LOL

As for wintering my 240… Not a chance! Hoping to get this exhaust on before the real snow hits. Just waiting on my new exhaust hangers to come in the mail.

i don’t think that exhaust will fit. i’ll take it off your hands though :wink: lol

… so, stock cat will fit on a 3" cat back? something about this doesnt click, any1 explain?

yup, it does. Just got it installed today. even though the cat has a smaller diameter, the actual bolt holes are large enough to allow the 3" to bolt up.

Exhaust sounds mean btw. :slight_smile:

^^ ok thats awesome :slight_smile: guess I dont need to buy a cat hhaha

Hell yeah! Make a detailed video or something for the time being. :slight_smile:

sweet first time i hear about that, if i twasn’t for the idiot before me that welded everything from the headers i wouldn’t have to waste my time welding up some flanges and reducers to make mine fit, oh well now im 3inch from front to back so doesn’t realy matter anymore

lol well the “real” snow is supposed to hit tonight, so i guess you’re just in time…
as for loopholes for when you get pulled over, umm ive been pulled over and ticketed ~5 times for “improper” muffler and its hard to BS your way out of it, so if by chance you do get pulled over you’ll most likely get a ticket, 115$ to be exact.

you can take your ticket to court, and tell them you replaced it back with the stock one and show them a pic of it to prove it: they’ll MOST likely drop it. this happened to me, except i actually did take it off, but what im saying is you can show them an outdated picture and still get away with it probably, they never actually came to see my car…

anyway… GL with that in the spring and good to hear the thing sound nice