Got my new Catback!

Well last night I installed my new Exhaust system.
Its the Vibrant stainless steel 3" catback. The install was a breeze, it fit much better than my N1 duals fit on my last car. I dont know of anyone else on the board who’s running this exhaust but I would recommend it to anyone. Right now Im running it N/A off the stock exhaust manifold with the stock cat and its nice and loud. My turbo set-up will quiet it down quite a bit but for now I love it, sounds so mean. Here are some pictures, and if anyone is interested in this exhaust call me at Performance Improvements and I can give you pricing or arrange to meet up so you can hear it.

and then i did a little photo shoot, heres a sample:

it looks good… you say its really loud? too bad… I guess a nice turbo setup would quiet it down…

btw, that’s the carwash at dundas & scarlett, right? I got there all the time :slight_smile:

Did you use the stock rubber hangers?? If so, does it bang against anything during sharp cornering? I had this problem with my cat untill I added an extra hager to keep side-to-side sway at a minimum.

should of angled it

man things on the towhook are so played out now i gota take my hippo off

wats played out is canister mufflers :shock:

obviously it looks and sounds nice, it does the job.

I was there when it was installed, (helped out a little too) I can say that it has a really smooth sound, not folgers like it would look.

very nice peice tyler, goes well with the kouki hawtness

A “nice” turbo setup will clean up the sound indeed :wink:

And yes that is the carwash where all the “cool” people wash their cars.

jason white s14 has had one all summer.

its not loud by any means

yeah i used the stock hangers, it dings the diff in hard cornering but i’ll soon fix that.

After my first day of driving i can say that its not as loud as i first thought, but its still NOT a quiet exhaust by any means. Its perfect, everyone who’s heard it has told me they love it.

and scotty our entire group here rocks a tow hook item. mine will come off for next year tho due to modification issues.

the word that best describes this system, mean.

my tow hook item was soo awsome, someone actually stole it.

same here

those bastards

the angle cut tip does not suit the car, otherwise…nice

you forgot the “I think” part

I like how it looks, the pictures dont do it justice. Im on day two now, I love it even more lol…

J00 need teh better camera?

same here

those bastards
[/quote]

Same here…thrice.

a) a skeleton b) a duck c) Winnie teh Pooh which some one ripped off and left on my car.

I just have some elastic hanging off of there now.

Who shaved the spoiler and badging? You? or was it like that when you bought it at Colleseum?

I can’t remember ever seeing a kouki with no spoiler…except the base model ones in the U.S.

Anyways, I have a question for you s14 guys. In the second picture (the under car one) there’s a wire that looks like a ground wire just above the diff. and below the gas tank …Does anyone have any idea what this wire is?

Why directed at S14 Guys?

S13 knowledged guys aren’t good enough?

Just hasselin’ ya dude, it’s the rear diff ABS Sensor Wire…

Why directed at S14 Guys?

S13 knowledged guys aren’t good enough?

Just hasselin’ ya dude, it’s the rear diff ABS Sensor Wire…[/quote]

haha, thanx, and no I got love for the s13 guys too.

Anyways, damn! that’s what I thought it was. I was crawling under my car the other weekend re-mounting my catback when I noticed that wire was cut. I figured it was just a pointless ground wire or somthing. Do you figure I’d be able to splice it back in? Hell, I cant even remember if I saw the other end.

i took off my spoiler and covered the holes with some decals. looks pimp, i hate spoilers.

I got that wire as well… but I have no ABS on my car … :dunno: