3K or 6K Fogs? Your opinion.

I believe my oem HID are 4500k on my 325i and I really like that color a lot. I might have a pic somewhere. There bright and idiots flash their brights at me all the time.

Yes, most stock bulbs are 4300-4500 and made by Phillips. For anyone wondering, Phillips makes the best HID bulbs…be it the 85122, 85122+, WX, etc.

3k3k3k3k3k3k3k3k3k33k

the 3k has the wavelength of light that works better for fog/rain/snow. im used to the bright yellow lights for fog lights. i dont even know why in the US theyre called euro or french fog lights. most of the oem stuff here in the US is just 55w or 35w bulbs, theyre a joke. go with the proper 100% function and use the 3.

thats what i roll with… id go 3k in the fogs ilya

I’m always partial to yellow fogs, so I say go 3k. But your ddm kit isnt covered under the lifetime warranty?

I like it either way but the OCD GF says 6k all around.

SHUT your whore MOUTH!

Why not 4300k with a 35w ballast? 3k is too stunty IMO. You more than likely won’t notice much of a difference in light output anyway.

1. 3K headlights
  2. 6K fogs
  3. ???
  4. Profit
  5. /thread

I’m going with 3k again.

It is covered under warranty, but it’s not worth it. On the Maxima, it would have been, but not on this car.

I have to get the car on the lift, take of wheel well shields, remove kit, put it all together, ship to DDM and pay shipping, wait, get car on lift again, remove shields, install kit, put it all together.

Too much work for $45 or whatever the kit will cost me. They are so cheap now it’s just not worth it.

The Maxima had easy access to both the headlight and the fog light. This car I have to do all the above to change the freakin headlight bulb. Most new cars are like this.

Someone on NICO Club said it best…it’s so the dealership have another added hour of labor charge that most people will have to come in for (when a bulb goes out). They aren’t dumb, makes perfect sense. I know people who wouldn’t be able to change a bulb even if it was easy access, so if you make it harder, they DEFINITELY aren’t changing a bulb lol.

Not yellow enough. 4300k looks like your stock halogen bulb, which I could always throw in there. If they had a 3800 or so, I’d definitely get that instead all the way down to 3k.

Eh do not like the 3k fogs. Reminds me of a 94 Lexus. Yuck!

If you dont like 3k fogs, youre clearly gay. Yep, said it. lol

Was thinking the same thing…

If youre that opinionated about the color of fog light bulbs then maybe youre gay. Just a thought. LOL jk

I used to have the 3k yellows and they fucking burned out every 3 months when I barely even used them. I have normal oem replacements now and the output is just as good only I don’t look like a traffic light when im driving down the road. They were just ricey looking to me. Do not like.

I am, but Im not. Im done. lol

:lol @ traffic light.

Ha I can see where your coming from I work with these cars everyday, But at least send it back and make them give you a new kit when you get your new setup in :slight_smile: