3K or 6K Fogs? Your opinion.

My DDM fog HID kit died (one side - and for the price I’m just going to buy another set instead of possibly having to get in there multiple times).

Should I go 3000k fogs again or 6000k fogs? They will be a 35w kit from DDM, I’m just unsure what I want to do.

Here is my M with the 6k top and 3k bottom:

http://www.ilyakol.com/M35/Photoshoots/8-13-10/Resized/_MG_7912.JPG

M with 6k/6k (photoshopped):

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9056/mg7912copy.jpg

I went 6/3 last time cause a lot of people color match, but now that I have a choice again, I’m in between.

Mixed looks good me thinks.

looks hot either way

Mixed would be more functional, but since you’re all about stunting you should prolly do 6k.

:rofl

I’m leaning towards 3k.

I wish 35w worked in my fogs… I have to get 25w ones so they won’t melt… I was thinking of getting 5k or 6k Low beams and the yellow fogs whichever heat those are? Dont know how that would work.

Newer car like yours I say 6K, older I say 3K.

They make 25w HID kits?

35w should be fine in any fog light. 55w is where I don’t recommend putting them in small spaces like fog lights. I’m running 55w in the head light and have had no issues. Did the same thing on my Maxima.

I’d go 55w 6k low beam (same as mine) and 3k 35w fog light (same as my first picture above). I’m probably going that route again, but wanted to see what people though of 6/6.

You should be fine going with 35w all around, at the least.

People have noticed melting issues with 35w in their G8’s (Fogs)… They do make the 25w but there harder to find cheap.
this site has em… http://www.spencershids.com/

Wow. I consider myself pretty knowledgeable when it comes to HID’s but I did not know they made 25w kits.

Either way…you’d probably want 55w 6k for the low, and 25w 3k or 4k for the low beam. Since the 25w is weaker than the 35w, I’m not sure how 25w 4k would look. The higher the wattage, the more the color is washed out (ex: 6k 55w looks like 5k 35w).

why 55 opposed to 35? I know nothing about HID’s

55w is just stronger/brighter.

I live in Selkirk in the boonies, so when I’m in my area at night, I need all the light I can get thanks to the number of deer we have around here. But it washes out the color, so if you go that route make sure you buy the correct temp. for the look you’re going for.

Also, for the headlights, stay between 4300k and 6000k. Anything over and you start to lose power (although it won’t look like it to you from the outside). The most natural light is about 4300k (sunlight). The further you go from that up or down, the less lumens (useable light) you get. So all those people that go for 10k? Yeah, dumb decision. Especially in rain.

I wanted 5,000k just unsure of the fog color…

I’d go 5k and 3k. or 5k and 5k since 5k is pretty white with very little hint of blue.

Yeh 5k is a definite for the low beams, Hands down… I’m just deciding on the fogs I think the yellow might look good and might not I’m having a hard time choosing

I have 4300 headlamps and 3k fogs. Best setup evarrrrr.

thought about getting a set of 3k for the fogs in the truck currently running 4.3k in both. 6k/3k looks good to me!

5k lows, 4300 fogs from Spencer HIDs on the GMC.