3M Tint in WNY...no dealers?

Just confirming my research, there’s no 3M dealer locally?

Kind of sucks, would like to get something done before I head back to CT.

I was not aware of any. My dad works with 3M on some other products, so I had him order up some Crystaline (sp?) tint.
I think most guys in WNY don’t carry it because of the price.

I was quoted 400 dollars in CT. Ill pay the money but is it worth it. Installer does great work from what I see, and theres a solid warranty. Any other quality film i should check out? I need nonmetallic considering I have comfort access.

the metallic stuff was on my m3… it was annoying as shit because the radio antenna is in the rear glass…

I just have standard 89.99 tint job from rainbow works fine…

metallic interferes with comfort access…so i’m trying to stay away from that.

what tint does rainbow use?

Why do you want 3M? I have it on my fronts and it’s not nearly as nice as the Llumar GT film on the rears. Gives a hazy brown look in sunlight and not reflective at all from outside. You can see inside and its less than 5%, the rears are a mirror.

Which 3M product did you use, they have a ton. But Crystalline is known to be one of the best non-metalic films which doesn’t interfer with GPS and phones.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Window_Film/Solutions/Markets-Products/Automotive/
also here are the stats on their products
http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/mediawebserver?mwsId=66666UuZjcFSLXTtnxf6oXT6EVuQEcuZgVs6EVs6E666666--

I really had nothing to compare it to in that car, but it kept the car a bunch cooler and held up really well.

go to scotts tint in lockport. not sure if the tint he uses is metallic or not, but i have no issues at all with phone reception or my gps at all with it and he does an excellent job. ive had a ton of cars done by him and have had no issues, still looks great after years and dosent fad at all. all my buddies went to him too and theyre very happy with their cars too. he does alot of dealerships and stores so you have to call to make an appointment. hes been tinting professionally for about 20 years now.

still need some definitive data…rainbow doesn’t seem to want to pick up the phone today, what tints do these guys use?

can we make some sort of informal list of what dealers carry what? none of these guys roll with web sites. i don’t want something that’s gonna compromise V1/GPS/Radio/etc performance.

Last I knew, it was SunTek

order film online and take to rainbow FTW? I bet you Pauly can order whatever u need.

Nobody was answering because we are on vacation until the 7th. give us a shout on tuesday. We will be open then