400EX update

Well I have the whole motor detached but the damn motor mount bolt that goes through the swingarm and holds the rear of the motor up is gualded in place so now all I have to do now is cut the bolt off and then its ready for a 440 big bore kit and a hot cam.So she’ll be healthy pretty soon.

should be pretty sick.

Yea lets hope this motor holds up its starting to depress me not having it to ride.

ya. should be a decent setup. i always thought the 400ex engine was bullett-proof but a guy i know was saying hes had nothing but problems once it got modded. i still think its a strong, reliable motor though. the main problem now though, is that youll have a hard time getting it to run with stocks 450s w/o getting radical.

Oh man I rode one of those when this 400 was still running those things are bad ass I like them alot. But they arent balanced as well as the 400 is. Plus 450’s in my opinion are way to aggressive for woods riding. I understand i’m big boring mine and all but I like the all around handling and ride of the 400.I’m pretty excited to see how this thing rides now.

I have to agree with him… and there really is never too much power, just use your thumb wisely. I have rode YFZ-450’s in the woods all day long and never really complained about the power. If you do woods riding, in my opnion the new Raptop 700 fuel injected is proably the sickest quad out. I rode a 400 with a big bore kit, it definatly helps, but nothing like these new quads. Good luck w/ your project.

ya, like what mark said. your big bore will be awesome for what you want to do, but really the 450s and 700 are fine in the woods too. they have such a broad spread of power and its actualy decently smooth. i dont know that the big-bore 400 will actually be any smoother and it will still be down on power compared to the new ones. regardless, i guess thats not the issue. itll still be awesome, and im interested to hear your review of it when you finish.

Oh yea no doubt those quads are bad ass you named not to mention I mean a brand new quad is awesome I am just stuck with it for now.I mean I mainly jump stuff and woods ride so just that kit will do what I want it to do basically.There are just a few straights where I live that when I wanna go I want to go faster.I mainly ride up here by myself because nobody in my area has a quad anymore.

ya, by all means itll be a sick ride. i didnt mean to take it to the point of comparing it to a new one, i was just pointing out that a few years back, that wouldve been one of the baddest set-ups out, but with the release of some of these new ones, most would rather just spend alittle extra and grab up a new 450 (or raptor). but obviously that might not be in the budget or depending how serious you are, not worth spending the extra cash for a new one. but itd be cool to hear a review on the quad when its done. regardless its gonna be alot of fun for you.

I rode a 660 raptor this weekend and I wasnt at all impressed with it. They are top heavy and cant hold a good wheelie for crap and when you jump them they seem to want to land on the front end.I’m liking the 50-50 weight distribution of the 400 better.And there will be a review as soon as I get enough time in my schedule to actually get down to putting stuff in.

cool. thats the old raptor though. they new ones are EFI, half aluminum frame and 700cc. i agree that they (pre-07)feel top heavy and dont have the most racey-feel to them. the new ones are supposed to be better tho.

I used to own 2001 Raptor when they 1st came out, it compares nothing to the new EFI Raptor 700…

Man now I really want to find someone with a new 700 they sound pretty intense.You guys like to ride the CFR 50’s? those things are fun to stunt out haha.

ya, if u get a chance, im sure you’l be impressed. ya, i love riding 50s. mines for sale right now though cause i have no time to ride it and i’m selling my YZ and my 50 cause i have a 450 on the way.

Being in school I highly doubt I have what you want for the 50 but just out of curiousity what you want for it?

http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30189

and heres the YZ
http://www.pittspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28585

Damn they are both nice I love dirtbikes but because I’m in school can’t afford one for awhile. I think I’m going to apply at Bowser Hundayi and all that when I get out they pay I think 40 grand a year not to shabby just starting out and only being 22.

your not gonna make 40k a year starting out their i now 3 people with more experence then u that wen thteir u dont make that much

yeah im with him… my buddy just quit there about 5-6 months ago at hyundai and he was makin i think 10 bucs/hr i know he is makin 14 now and thinks thats alot more money

Oh well thats where my mom gets her car serviced because she has an Elantra and she asked one of the mechanics how much they made and they said that much.But you know how women are sometimes they don’t know who they are talking to she was probably talking to Hundayi’s master tech or something.When I heard they paid that much I couldn’t wait to get out of school so I’m sure you guys are right over her.I’m going to go where the money is reguardless be it welding or mechanics I’m going to go with the money is when I’m done which is in 2 months.