Looking at sport quads

I am thinking about purchasing a sport quad, was thinking about a raptor 350, 400ex, z400. A dealer near my work has a few leftover 07 400exs anyone have any experience with these? they have them listed as starting at $3,999, wondering on what i might be able to talk them down to if i decide to go this route.

ususally the “blow out” prices are firm on the left overs. From what i have heard/read about the 400’s they are great quads, have good power and are reliable. when People go the hillbilly horsepower 440 big bore route for added power, the reliability goes out the window in a heart beat. The Raptor 350 is the basically the same thing as the old warrior 350. Different plastic and slightly different suspension. When i bought my 06’ leftover polaris outlaw 500 for $3999 they werent budging any. It was originally $6800 when in 06’. I hope some of that helped

the 400ex does not have reverse if that is important to you.

In either 2005 or 2004 they added reverse to the 400ex.

The 400ex’s are very reliable with 440 kits. I’ve built two of them for mx and they outlasted the quads, depends on the piston thats all.

I’m selling a 2006 ltr450 with extras if your interested though, yosh pipe, cherry bomb, renthals, handguards, pro-armor bumper, grab bar, skidplate and suzuki nerf bars. also has all around beadlocks with newer maxxis razr mx’s.

I don’t have any experience with the smaller Raptors other than the older 660s (friend had one)

I know of alot of people with 400EXs, and they are super reliable quads. Get a bash guard on the sprocket/disc if you get one. They sit a little low.

So are you going to add this thing to the list of STUPID things you purchase?

You cant beat ltz400’s but I’d take a honda if I had to.

i hope you dont plan on keeping it at the farm!!!

x2 having reverse makes life much easier on them so I wouldn’t buy an older one. I’ve ridden a couple and only had good things to say about them. I ride a 350 warrior and have been thinking about upgrading to one of these or an ltz400 (also a great machine.)

out of the 3 the ltz is by far the most advanced. they are great trail quads and with the addition of fuel injection, they are only better. The fuel injection on the ltr has been nearly flawless for “regular” riders.

I want an LTZ400 like nothing else

lol!!!1

how’s it going to get out there without a truck?

he will probably buy a truck and trailer and just leave those sitting at the farm as well.

:rofl: then you could take the garbage out?

same way the ruckus gets there…back roads

went and checked it out today liked it they said they were pretty firm on the price and there is some 600 set up fee which i think is dumb, but im going to think about it and maybe go pick one up on saturday.

No i will not be keeping it at the farm, maybe ill bring it out sometime if anyone ever calls me!!! I will be trailering it with the ruckus lol.

my buddy has an open spot in his garage he said i could keep it in.

instead of buying the quad why dont you rent a garage =P

raptor 350 is just a renamed warrior. JUNK. get a used banshee. mods are equal to honda 250R.

Wait a minute, don’t buy japaneese junk, that is the downfall of the American finacial institution.

This just proves what a fucking idiot you are. You are telling him to buy a YAMAHA Banshee meanwhile you just made fun of yamaha (Sean) for having a name that was not an American manufacture.

I really hope you design that noose for yourself soon and it works you piece of shit.

i had a banshee. talk about a high maintenance ATV. every nut would come loose in the rear end after every ride!!