opinions?

I’m looking at a 2003 Honda Sportrax 300ex. Any idea of value, look like in good shape, kelly blue book says 1800 trade in, 2900 resale. Has newer rear tires, could use new fronts, front skid has a lil dent,and has a loud cobra pipe. Other concern, is im a big guy , i did ride it and its fast or atleast faster than my arctic cat 5004x4. Anyone know of any problem areas? thanks…

I’ve logged a little time on a 400ex and thats the least amount of power i’d be happy with. I’m 5’10, 220lb.

300s are solid quads. probably one of the most reliable sport quads ever made. unless its hammered on, that thing should hold up just fine. they arent really fast. they are fast enough to have fun, but i think they have like 15-18hp stock, so they arent fast by any means. if u already rode it and felt that it was fast enough, then i guess thats cool if you are satisfied but as gearhead said, even the 400ex isnt really all that fast. if u are just doing some trail riding that isnt too wide open, then itll be cool but if u decide to open it up, youll run that 5th gear out real quick.

I was never impressed with the 300EX… But like Smokey said it is known to be very reliable.

send me a pm if your interested but my buddy has one for sale with the works done to it and a 350x motor with a 425 big bore in it. these were good quads and reliable for the trails or the track