48÷2(9+3)=?

Me and the other half the world.

Ill also be a google warrior and find parts to support my view after I wake up.

its okay, google says vlads wrong

Vlad’s pretty much had a doctorate before he came to the states.

Luckily it was a Russian doctorate and doesn’t mean dick aside from he learned how to not shit his pants.

good luck

ahahaha vlad is a crazy *****

Why is it that all careers that have anything to do with sciences or mathematics are dominated by foreigners.

Because Americans get clusterfucked by a simple math problem.

the MAJORITY, that goes both ways, and apparently you dont fit in the smart-math pants today

Distributive property of multiplication over addition. Early Algebra problem.

The distributive property of multiplication CLEARLY states that the 2(9+3) is an entire statement and CANNOT be broken up. 2(9+3) follows the distributive property which can be rewritten as (29+23). Let me repeat the 2 outside of the parenthesis follows the distributive property of multiplication and must be factored and simplified before performing any other operations on it. You do NOT compute this expression from left to right until you use Algebra to simplify the statement 2(9+3).

So this can be rewritten as:
48 / (29 + 23)

Which leaves us with

48 / 24 = 2

Answer = 2.

Lastly for those using Google or any other online calculator. These do not understand many theorems or properties so you must explicitly explain what you mean. There is a difference between 48 / 2 * (9+3) and 48 / 2(9+3). The first notation reads 48 / 2 * 1(9+3) while the second reads 48 / (29+23). Be very careful with your signs.

#winning

Source?

You guys are still arguing over this? The answer is fucking 2:rofl

Vlad you are right. Everyone else is dumb.

He’s exactly right. When there is no multiplication simbol and the number is attached to the set, you apply it to the set or each number in a set.

Otherwise you’re completely ignoring the principle rule 2(1+0)=(2x1+2x0)

:facepalm at you all

Proper math education.

no its 288 biatch

No NO NO NO NO. You have to work out what in in the parentheses (The addition) BEFORE multiplication. AND SIMBOL REALLY!?!?!!?

i mean, fuck the symbols wtf is that about, i was going by wat it was, not some fucking symbols and shit since when does that make a difference

Russians: Best at math. Not so good with grammar and spelling.

:rofl

I’m typing on a goddam phone

And go re read your math books, that’s exactly what that number assigned to parentheses means, it goes to each number inside :ponder

48/2(9+3)
48/(9+3)2
48/(9x2+3x2)
48/24

That 2 is assigned directly to the parentheses as it doesn’t have a multiply sign in between. By that rule each number in the parentheses is multiplied by 2 and that is done first as it’s in the parentheses.

What the hell do you mean “no” that’s how it works.

The cake is a lie.

/thread

http://www.stafura.com/images/When%20you%20are%20stupid.jpg