4g63 Lamborghini (Replica)

for $50k its worth it. especially if you ever done body work or alot of glass work . the labor on a replica kit is alot…

Like when you have to rebuild the motor 5 times and the oil pump goes like 6 times and the transmission dies a few times? That kind of unreliability? :rofl:

I was thinking the same thing. Is it just me or is there quite a bit of plumbing in that engine bay.

agreed, thats $50k worth of work any way you cut it. and its only 1/4 of what you would pay for the real deal.

also agreed

id do something like the car LXTASY designed, its still hot, but you can make up any story you want about what it is and you never have to explain that its a home built if you dont want to.

It looks like two intercooler setup but then again how knows what the fuck he was trying for.

Holy shit you’re bringing up some old memories for me!!! I keep this model (form the pic) next to me in my office as a reminder of what I’d really like to do with my life when I’m not working for corporate America. I still want to build this car…however the reality of this happening isn’t so good right now.

Haha

I’ve seen worse, I had a picture somewhere of a 4g63 944 :biglaugh:

ROFL :rofl: :lol:

Agreed, but a shitty choice on engine.

replica kit cars = fake watches

are there easy to obtain/reasonable price reflash setups for the nissan ecu,

or

a engine management system that isnt a zillion dollars that can control the cams for that motor? just curious…

naaah you havent seen anything till youve seen the turbododge powered 944. that really pisses the p-car guys off :slight_smile:

Brian

lol good one! what have you built? lol at your automatic dsm. awesome!!

ehhh. Not really. I belong to a few kit car forums, I have my own composites shop and have a paint booth, so believe me when I say I’m not talking out my pooper. I understand there’s lots of fab work involved in building these, but just a few random things

• He bought a chassis already assembled. More of a bolt on project.
  • The kits are ready to be painted, you dont actually lay the glass.
  • The misalignment is evident, something that will deduct value from that kind of kitcar hardore.
    -The edges of all the body panels are horrible. You can see the fiberglass strands everywhere.
    -Part of a (replica)kit cars value is how close to the real thing you can make it. There’s no doubt this is a kit. A lot of badging and interior pieces are missing. Though the engine is cool, the bay is untouched. etc etc THIS is where workmanship has value, not slapping it together.

By all means, I think the car looks cool, and someone DID pay $50k for it. BUT, it was slapped together, and I doubt the person who bought it knew what he/she was looking for in a kit other than it was an affordable lambo.

I like it aside from what i see in the engine bay. I would use the 4663 but damn that install makes me question the entire build as a whole

+1

thats fuckn gay…real or go home.

A 1.8t would have been awesome.

stock motor would get a stock ecu… If I was to turbo one I would use AEM EMS. Mitch at Aem made crazy power and tq increases on a stock vq with tuning cam timing using ems.

I would be even more partial to a stillen supercharger with the fuel modifer on the stock ecu. I loved that setup in my old boss’s z.

I still think Rubi wins this slam fest as he hasn’t even killed the crankwalker 7bolt.

edit… I don’t know why I’m still viewing this thread or replying as that car sucks no matter what motor was in it. Shitty build.

cool. if you are in the realm of building VQ35’s you probably arent pinching pennies and using a megasquirt. in that case, the AEM is totally reasonably priced. I have a buddy that has one (the AEM) on his SRT-4. he loves it.

Id rather build a real Fiero rather than a fake lambo though.

Brian

That’s actually a pretty good looking kit car (quality), from what I can see.

It looks the part, and honestly. You could probably fool a lot of non-car people in to thinking it’s real even if it’s poor quality in comparison to the real deal.

youd just need a gigantic speaker out the back of the car playing a lambo engine note though lol

Brian