5 foot 1.5x.095 dom tube

Looking for a 5 foot section of 1.5x.095 Dom steel tube. Having trouble sourcing it locally in that little quantity. Anyone know if a good source?

1.5" ID? I have some but I am not sure of the wall thickness. It may be .125" thick. I will check tomorrow.

Tube is measured by OD.

Pipe is measured by ID.

I recommend Service Steel in North Tonawanda, but that short of a quantity you probably will have to go to Metal Supermarket and pay more.

If it is a NON CRITICAL cage member you can go down to .065" (or smaller if you are not bending it) for weight savings.

Dash beam. Prob not…Haha. thanks for the leads.

Edit: metal supermarket doesn’t have it. They want 80 bucks for 5ft of 1.5x.25

Dash bars are NOT required for SCCA or NASA, so you can use a smaller thickness than the rest of the cage:

c. Front Hoop Bracing All open cars with a high front hoop and all closed cars except those competing in the Improved Touring, Showroom Stock, and Spec Miata classes must incorporate a horizontal front hoop brace at the approximate level of the dashboard. It is recommended that cars competing in Improved Touring, Showroom Stock, and Spec Miata classes also have the front hoop brace.

I read that as a dash bar is required. This is not a spec miata.

I can’t find .095 locally fir a reasonable price…only .083 and .120, so if anyone knows of a reasonable place fir. 095 lmk asap.

Ended up getting a .083 from metal supermarkets on elmwood. Excellent price and very good service. I would recomend them to anyone who needs small quantities of metal at a good price. Called and paid over the phone, and it was cut and ready 20 minutes later.