roll cage help!!

i have been trying to do some home work on this. i have tons of ideas and pics. but i would be glad to see what u all have for pics or ideas. basicly i want a full cage. i was told that i should use 1.5"x.095 DOM tubing. but how many foot of tubing do i need? appx. i will still want some extra incase lol. is there a general design i can go off? like a drift spec cage? i dont know all the points and things 100% but i am determined to do this my self. so give me ideas!!! please!

step 1

find someone with a proper mandrel bender and get a main hoop bent up

You have a PM… It’s long though, lol

Find the Targa Rally website and download their Rules & Regulations Book which will tell you exact standards for Roll Cage Design.

1.50’’ DOM is correct but you want to use .120’’ Wall as your standard/minimum and not .095 as that would only pass for D1 etc… and nothing else. And Drift Spec “Cage Standards” is garbage and considered a joke. Go by Rally or NHRA Standards as they will pass all inspection standards.

Regardless… I’ve got an Internal Mandrel Bender and have made several cages so could certainly get you taken care of.

id like a cage made soon for my coupe anyone wanna build me one pm a price

did you have anyluck with the cage?

I’d go by the CASC rules for cage building.

1.5" DOM with a .120" wall is what you’d need if your car is over 2500lbs.

PM me if you want a sic quote on cage work. Just got our tube bender setup and ready to build cages.

Find the series you’d like to participate in and class, and read + follow their handbook. They should have release info on all safety regulations!

sorry for running a old thead but i dont think my car will be seeing any “legal” races. not this one. the cage is so i feel more protected when im driving beside transports and shit. also to make car more stiffer. and to attract teh ladies

if u need a cage hit me up!!!