500WHP Club

anyways, back on topic… i’m totally officially in the 500whp club now! :nod

nice congratz

im sure its still slow… :haha (j/k)

isn’t it average to have 500 whp in a honda in the 518… :bowdown

there are like ten… maybe, some that could be but arent on race gas. i dont even really consider that race gas for me… cause the turbo i’m running is maxed, if i ran a 35R and got a twin disk i would be over 600, but i also dont have another 2500bucks right now, i shoulda figured i’d overspool the fuck outa the 30R though. :idiots

i dont see how 20 psi is overspooling it… thats JUST in its efficiancy range. ive seen evos and subarus pushing 30+psi out of a 30R…20psi shouldnt even make that turbo break a sweat

Just ask the kid with the 328 bmw :lmao

its making 410trq. at 4400rpm. My dipstick flew out of the engine bay int he dyno from the crank case pressure. My motor spools that turbo way to fast/early, and way to much pressure is building up. i’m going back for a catch can, but the turbo is just done making power. I might even skip the 35R and get a 4088 if i feel like wasting more money on a new manifold, another wastegate, and a new exhaust system. depends on what i run on this setup with slicks. should be 10’s so might be happy enough and just get rid of my car. I took it for a rip earlier tonight, its scary.

honestly, id kill to have 410tq that early, THATS WHAT YOU WANT! you just need a crank case breather to bypass the pressure so you arent ventilating the dipstick. the 30r SHOULD be good enough to run 30psi as long as you arent exceeding the volumetric efficiency ratings…i realize psi is only a measure of backpressure in the head, but 20 psi is VERY loy for the efficiency range of that snail… another thought rather than a 4088 is a 37r… bigger than the 35r and same flange if you are dead set on going with a bigger snail… should be good for 650whp

what?

:+1 :confused

Are you kidding me? There’s under a dozen 500WHP Imports in the 518 it seems. As time goes on, more will be added. Thanks to local shops like Moon/Morgan, this is more easily doable.

BTW, congrats Swifty. That’s an awesome accomplishment.

Look into catchg cans/KrankVents

Awesome mod.

i think the engine plays a much larger role than you think. hondas consistantly make similar power with a lot less boost than evo motors. even just comparing my motor to erics motor with the same turbo kit is like night and day.

Correct. Which is why looking at blank compressor maps is not that good. At the very least, you need to lay the engine’s ‘theortical’ (bad spell?) demand lines on it.

Honda heads just flow fantastic.

Me, soon. And it’s not in an Infiniti :runaway

On the way to the wash yesterday some kid in a 328i saw swifts car and wanted to race him. They both talked it over and Swift told him how much whp he is making. The kid said i’m making about 400 to the wheels my self. He said all motor set up. So they went for it and the kid was so far back i couldnt tell what car was his.

Green 328i? tinted windows?loud exhaust?

red, no tint, and not that loud :haha

All I remember is low, 4 door red