518s Fastest Drag Race Event

Orginization would be the hardest part. It would take a few volunteers. Once the racing was done everyone could just run test in tune until the end of the day. We could set up some fun gudge matches. Vovchandr, We should probably start a new thread on this and keep the progress going. Anybody want to volunteer???

We would like to take this opportunity to inform you of the many opportunities awaiting your club here at Lebanon Valley. Groups that enjoy racing can come out for an open session track rental, private rental or a Saturday test and tune day. Groups who prefer show and shine days can schedule a day of their own or combine with another event or group. The possibilities are endless.

On open rental days we welcome car clubs, groups and individuals. Come out and test and tune with your group. The cost is just $70 per car. Less than 50 cars the cost is $140 per car. Your rental fee includes track preparation and glue, time slips, insurance, EMT and ambulance, Dragway staff and free admittance for your family and friends. There is also incentive pricing available for large groups. If your club brings 30+ cars you will receive 1 free car, 40+ cars = 2 free cars, 50+ cars = 3 free cars and 60+ cars = 4 free cars. In an effort to give each car plenty of runs we limit the amount of cars at a rental to between 60 and 70 cars. Registration on a track rental day starts at 9am in the tower office. Tech will be open from 9am to 1pm and cars will start racing in both lanes from 10am to 3pm. Fuel is available on these days as well as concessions.

If you have a large group and wish to schedule a private rental session we would be happy to accommodate you. The same pricing incentives will apply.

If you would like to share your experience with others in the racing community, we invite you to allow us to place your contact information on our website to open the invitation for fellow racers.

If your group prefers to come during the weekend you may want to take advantage of our Saturday test and tune. The cost is just $30 per car and $10 for crew and spectators. Our gates open at 8am on the weekends and racing starts at 10am.

Edit: information about rentals posted.

How many people would really be interested in a drag race event previously discussed in “Shift518 W.o.T.” wether you would participate, attend, or volunteer?

I doubt I’d participate. I’d attend though.

I would probably attend and/or volunteer… we have almost 200 members. getting 50 plus cars shouldnt be too hard

what?! Out of the 200 members, maybe only 40 are regular members, if that. Even if all 200 checked the thread, I doubt 25 would commit to this. For this to happen, you will have to work with AUG (albanyunderground.net) and get some of those guys to join in too.

GranMassa is correct. This would be to be to be mass marketed and advertised, maybe even as far as radio commercials. This would take heavy marketing on all sorts of forums and groups. It’s hard enough to get people to go to free events, much less an event where they would have to pay decent money.

I would love for this to happen as much as the next guy, but I do not have the resources to devote time to this particular event but I’ll help in any way I can.

i would def do it, count me as one

I am not familiar with AUG. If you want to gauge interest there I would appreciate it. Its only Feb. I think a groop of us can pull something together. At worst we could have a night where we just record times during test and tune but I think a day at the track would be more fun. I think the hardest thing to do would be to come up with prizes for incentive for people to come out and run. Nobody is going to run if there is only one prize… or it will just be a few names on the top ten list competing for top honors. I have no clue what trophies cost but it would probably take some sort of fund raiser or an addition to the entry fee to fund that.

Remeber also… if we get 50+ people its a $70 fee. You would be able to race all you want after the event considering 10-3 is alot of racing time. but if there is more money on top of that to cover the cost of prizes then the money is getting intense

i wouldnt even mind paying 70 bucks, it would be a great time

I think Jammer(the creator of AUG) rented the track last year, but i’m sure a good amount of them would contribute.

But if we have less people, we could just go on a regular test and tune day. Take up two lanes, and with a little coordination no matter what we would run against somebody we want, weither the guy behind you or the guy next to you but it would be a lot cheaper. Once that event gets popular enough where we get 50+ people to go on these staged matches, then there can talk of track rental.

I say start out small and get big instead of the other way around.

Plan it as a regular day for people to show up and race, and if get 50+ people to do that, than just rent the track.

Just .02

I think on a Wednesday night it would be way too confusing, taken the amount of people that show up

We would defenitely be better off getting people to pre-pay to a designated paypal account in order to organize funds to rent the track for a day. There are enough ppl in the area that would pay for track time that I don’t think it’d be a problem.

This sounds more practical. we would just need to collect time slips as our members run and record them. Then post the results. we could do a mini race every week and change the stakes and rules so everyone could participate and be competitive at some point.
one week do NA 2.5L max, next week DR only, and so on. Plus other people can run too and post their times wether or not they are competing

If you want i will start to organize the track rental. I called LVD they are going to call me back with potential dates and a little bit more information regaurding rainout policy and timeline. I was thinking sometime in late may or june. That should be late enough to have most cars taken care of and the weather should be better. they have options to keep it an open track rental meaning others can come to pay as well which helps with meeting the 50+cars for 70 each. she said they like to see 100 cars at a track rental.

we can organize the competition part/rules here on shift518. i can organize the financial aspect here at synapse. even people that dont want to compete can pay and participate in the track rental. we can advertise on some of our other forums. we have a lot of contacts in connecticut

money would need to be taken care of long in for a chance of this happening. figure by the end of march/begginning of april. i would really like to see this happen.

due to the nature of the event we would require a non refundable 100% deposit to assure the event is payed for. if for any reason we cannot get enough people for the event refunds would be given.

That’s a real good idea about the Paypal account, and yeah there are def. enough people that want track time to themselves and with not TOO many people.

I just realized something. If bikes are allowed, I can make this happen.

Vlad fix the first post to say whos in on the rental, so we have a idea of what to pay, and whos paying.

Im in for sure, i know the owner (LV) ill see if i can work something out, useally all he cares about is money, so we’ll see

Threads merged.