520 conversion and sprockets...questions

$179, http://www.sprocketcenter.com/p/103237/did-525vm2-chain-steel-sprocket-kit---honda.html

d.i.d 525 x ring chain and steel sprockets, pick you size and year…

Here’s one a little cheaper, steel sprockets still, but RK chain, http://www.sprocketcenter.com/p/310550/rk-525xso-series-chain-steel-sprocket-kit---honda.html

ugh. i think you just cost me more money. :wtf:

thanks for the link bro. it’s a little cheaper. but by the time i spend $100 bucks on a healer who knows how much in labor…:fail:

Well like I said I don’t know where you live, but I work on alot of bikes around here, let me know if you want it done right, at a good price… Labor would be < $100 from me. Good luck, ride safe…

i wouldn’t bother doing sprockets just yet. maybe over winter…

just go buy a chain and put it on yourself

i dont feel like typing lol, but steel sprockets last longer than aluminum, you will notice a huge difference with -1, +2… i doubt you will ever FLIP an f3 with such a minor change (slipping the clutch will probably allow 2nd gear to come up a lot easier) but WOT i bet it will still barely lift in first unless you chop the throttle…

you can find a sprocket kit online with chain for around 150ish… ebay is full of them… as for aluminum though, second thought, your bike might make around 90 whp, i wouldnt worry to much about eating the teeth on the sprocket in less than 15-20k miles (and realistically how long do you plan on owning the bike for)

just playing devils advocate… good luck… pm me your number if you have any questions, i’ve re-geared every bike i’ve owned lol or bought them with different gearing (which i kinda regret on the 10r) but oh well…4th gear power wheelies are fun too

in my opinion, no point in buying a 525 chain when your going to do sprockets later, just do it all together, besides -1,+2 will liven the bike up a lot and if you dont commute too far or enjoy top end, do it up. You’ll be glad you did, if you enjoy acceleration

noted. i’m still on the fence. however, as i told you last time you advised me on motorcycle related advice… “i appreciate your input, but part of the reason i bought a bike is so we could ride them together. until you go out for a ride with me, i’m taking willybeen’s opinion over yours.” that being said, let’s go out when the weather clears. <3

i’ll definitely PM you my number. send me yours too. at the least, we can go for a ride together with jay wonch.

that being said, unless i chop it, the front end doesn’t come up really. i’m hoping that reducing the slack in the chain will help that. that’s a good point about the aluminum sprockets though. i don’t really think the bike is going to flip. it was more of a joke. i just don’t really want to make a HUGE investment.

i don’t go too far on it. i really couldn’t care less about top end either. i would like to liven the bike up a bit. it’s losing its appeal in first and second gear. i still have a lot of learning to do as i can’t launch etc. i think i’ll evaluate finances and we’ll see how the bonuses play out at work in the next few weeks.

good to know. i live in west seneca, but i’d be willing to come to where you live if it saves a few bucks. i’ll let you know what i decide.

IMHO, maintain the bike this year, do the minimum, and sell it come spring to upgrade.

However, my sprockets/chain kit cost me $150 shipped to go -1/+2. So it really doesn’t cost that much. You don’t NEED a speado healer lol. Just flow with traffic lol.

^^^^… you carry a gps with you… see what max speed it records, see what the max speed you indicate on the speedo is, then compare… ie, i bet with -1+2, 40 indicated = 30-32 mph… 90 indicated will be around 75 i bet… its not rocket science

we’re not friends anymore