520 kit

I’m doing a 520 kit on my bike when I put on the 07 gsxr rear wheel on my bike and was wondering what chain and sprocket combo would be best? Aluminum sprocket vs steel and x or o ring chain and where could I get the best deal

Forget aluminum sprockets.

Oring will be fine if you lube it at intervals.

Steel crank. Supersprox rear if you want something that is relatively light and will last. If you want something that is light and relatively cheap, go aluminum rear; Driven or Rethal; I just buy whatever is the cheapest as long as they are not made by Vortex :rofl.

Shop around for combo deals and compare prices on ebay also.

What are you doing interms of gearing changes? Just wondering. Take are look at the sticky, I got some gearing info in there if you are interested.

Have fun!

For longevity you should go with steel, especially if you ride your bike a lot and ride it hard. For me I went with an aluminum hard-anodized rear from Driven because I didn’t ride my R6 more than 3k a year and didn’t beat on it. Supersprox is a great product and is probably your best option as long as you don’t mind spending a bit extra on it versus a regular sprocket.

Also for better acceleration most people do -1 tooth in the front, +2 teeth in the back. That’ll throw off your speedo though but you can correct that with a device called a SpeedoHealer, or you can just leave it.

If you buy the chain and sprockets in a package deal you can find some really good prices.

DEFINITELY get a rivet master-link for your chain. The clip-style link that comes standard with some chains is garbage, I’ve had one break on me while riding and leave me stranded :tbd

Yep had a clip style fail on me as well.

Came with the bike though. Motard has a clip style as well, I’ll likely change it.

if you go -1 +2 grab a speedo DRD f the speedo healer over priced.
http://aggracing.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=49
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikH6Shk3u44[/ame]

Great info guys thanks Id like a lil more top end I’ve got tons of low end just not enough top end accel