so what do u think?

its for my new 07 r6 that i got last summer, every one said get a 520 kit so is this one good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts-Accessories_Motorcycle-Parts-Accessories__YAMAHA-2006-08-R6-520-CONVERSION-CHAIN-SPROCKET-VORTEX_W0QQitemZ330301796696QQddnZPartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2863QQddiZ2811QQadnZMotorcycleQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item330301796696&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A543|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

thanks for the help

im thinking of doing the same to my 07 r6…

sorry thats all the help i have

Good price, but I haven’t heard many good things about Vortex sprockets, Mostly that they wear out too soon because they are aluminum. They will also weight a lot less than oem. I have the Vortex sprockets and haven’t had any bad experiences with it thus far. AFAM, Driven and Renthal makes some really good sprockets though

Same kit I bought for my r1. No complaints here.

i had the coated vortex and it was fine for me.

I have vortex sprockets on my zx-10r and I had one on my other bike too. They did ok, but I never keep a bike for longer than 1 year typically. I dont know what chain comes with it, but id make sure its a decent chain. (your life depends on it)

NM reread which chain, seems to be a decent deal, i bet you lose more than 7 mph though, but who cares.

just ordered the same exact kit a few days ago with the teflon black sprocket and silver chain. Had vortex on my 1000 and had no problems with it. No complaints here either

ok ill order it friday, thanks for the help, should i get it teflon covered?

why not… whats another $20 to a ballahh

I hate ebay powerseller package deals like this sometimes. Lucky if you get the right shit. And I speak from experience. Just call up Honda or a company who sells aftermarket goodies. order an RK gold chain or something with the pressed masterlink and order some sprockets. I got geared steel sprockets on my bike. I hear the aluminum vortex aint all that but I abuse my bike more than others and so do the poeple I talk to so it could work out for you but thats my .02

nice i have a 520 chain with vortec sprockets on my 07 r6. i bought mines from the dealer and it wasnt much more than that. i did -1
+4. i top out around 143 now

my one buddy bought a kit from ebay and they sent him the wrong sproket but they did exchage it. anyhow its winter so no down time

Wow +4, quite a bit of gearing.

did you try to gps it to see if 143 was accurate?

yo last year the gps worked out great, i hit 160 and i was abot 10 lenghts behind u will and didnt u hit 16? something

you outta try -1 + 10 :nerd:

Honestly you will not notice the “power gain” difference between a 46 tooth steel sprocket and 46tooth (just using random numbers obviously) aluminum sprocket. So is it worth the cost? Entirely up to you. Same goes with the chain. I personally like the peace of mind of steel sprockets but that is just my prefference.