65 inch Toshiba DLP tv with stand cheap

I am putting my Toshiba TV up for sale. Model# 65hm117. I bought this tv new from bjs 3 years ago and has always served me well. Bulb was just replaced 6 months ago and now it has developed a few white dots on the screen. I did some research and it sounds like the DLP chip is bad. Found one on ebay for $160 and it looks like it takes a few hours to put in. For a little money you can have a beautiful tv with a huge picture. Understanding the problem i am willing to give to a fellow nyspeed member for $200. The tv only started developing these white dots so you can easily still watch the tv for a while until you would need to replace the chip. I have included the ebay link to the part as well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22895[/ATTACH]=true[ATTACH=CONFIG]22894[/ATTACH]

Seems to be problems with all these older DLPS. I have a 60 inch sony sitting in storage right now because the middle has a yellow circle. Sigh… GLWS

Yeah that is a problem with the optical block. If you are the original owner and have proof of purchase i believe Sony was offering a free replacement or $400 credit towards a new product. I would look into that and see if they still have that program.

Yeah we got a 50 inch lcd for 350 a year or two back. Wasnt a bad deal but the tv was like 3500 when it was new

yeah that was a great program. too bad toshiba can’t own up to this issue and fix it.

Class action lawsuit! Thats how sony was forced to pay up

You have a lot of pictures.

None of the frames match.

PS: GLWS, please don’t report my OT post to me.

good price glws

I have a 46 Toshiba dlp, at least 5 years old. Works perfect, these can be great TVs. Glws

Thanks guys I appreciate the kind words.

Bump it up. I am surprised this isn’t gone yet.

Sold!!!

lol. You are drunk with power.