7.37 @ 163 smoking the motor

here’s a vid of our best pass to date from this past weekend at PBIR. we blew the engine right after the 1/8th mile which is why the MPH is so low. the bottom end has been in the car for almost a year now and has held up surprisingly well. i pulled the chutes right before the traps because when the motor went it sprayed oil all over the windshield. ended up having an oil fire and burnt up a few things under the hood. we’re going to tear the engine out today and see what let loose. here is the video we found of it on youtube that someone took.

[ame=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sZ5GR329v0”]YouTube - MOV03384[/ame]

damn i bet that was scary ride, nothing like fire at your feet

nice jay… that’s badass… i’m sure you’ll have it back together in no time.

wow, blew motor and still ripped…good goin jay…glad you didn’t get burned

it was a real small fire, but i still had to pull the fire supression system in the car. biggest problem was a i didn’t have a dzus tool to get the front end off at the end of the track.

no screw drivers in the car i guess?

we always had one clipped to dash. any other real damage?

not really, just oil everywhere. whatever let loose pressurized the crank case and blew out the valve cover gasket all around and just covered everything in oil.

blah hate cleaning all the oil off. well if motor been in for year that is pretty damn good.

nice run Jason. Don’t be putting anything like that in Whitey’s car.

Awesome, Grizzal. That’s rippin’. Knockin’ at 6s. That’s sick.

Was that announcer speaking English? haha.

badass jay! make sure you get the good carb cleaner to clean up this oil mess!

haha, i wish. if you didn’t know, florida is actually a territory of puerto rico now.

ahahahaha our drunkin trip to advanced! We bought all their brake cleaner!

me: You want us to do what?
roberts: Jay we drank close to a 30 pack already!
jay: we really need brake cleaner and don’t get the cheap stuff.
me: wtf is the difference?
jay: rumble, rumble, rumble… go get the fucking brake cleaner

anyway… It is pretty impressive that you have shaved a second off since running the car last year this time.

The best part is… we returned with every can of shitty brake cleaner they had in stock! Wasn’t it like $75 or $125 or something, lol. We get back to the race clearly failing our task of getting good brake cleaner! I think I can still hear Mark bitching about it, lol

That was a great time… but does not come close to our $200 liquor excursion from Racheals and me falling in love with that stripper! Can’t forget about you tossing me into that shrub on the walk back home :rofl:

Florida trip again soon Whitey??

But in all seriousness that car looks way faster and drives a lot straighter than it did when we were there… great progress!

Jeff and I leave next week… I told Jay that I would take him to Rachels!

You skumbags! Im jealous!

thats what you think. He has a Corvette to work on!

Hey I still have Pats Z06 sitting in my house garage and I think he needs it delivered to Florida :naughty: