ATTN: dude with fire viper...

what the hell happened?

?

I heard rumors of a blown motarrrr

:smiley:

WTF

pics/ban, etc

chill for a min. i want to see if he posts on here cause i want to know what happened.

hes rarely on the board if your talking about the twin turbo one…otherwise im stumped

I think it was a red one
That may have had some issues

Well… I would have to put mine together before I would have the opportunity to start it on fire… so, it wasnt me.

I am guessing this was Chris’s car that lost its bottom-end sometime last week? No one knows for sure what happened yet… current guesses include a crank that sheared in half, as well as a piston that lost its pin bosses… nobody knows yet, and he doesnt know what he is doing with the car yet.

B16 swap? :tspry:

:stuck_out_tongue:

chris who? what year viper? assuming not stock if the motor blew…

the second gen one. red with white stripes.

marcus is the only other one that i have known to have a red and white striped one as well as dan(old car) hmm must be someone i havent met before oh well cant know everyone i guess…

Dont want to post up his last name…he might not like that. It was a 1997 Red GTS, with White Stripes (Stripes were added last year)

The car had 6X,XXX miles on it, however the engine had been replaced (supposedly) 14K miles ago. The engine had a funny noise for a long time, but nothing ever came of it and nobody went looking for it extensively.

The car is pretty much stock, which makes NO sense considering what happened to it… leading me to ask the question; Who is full of shit about the “replaced” engine, or who did the most botched rebuild of all time. Considering the story that went along with the now “windowed” block, there is just no explanation that makes sense when you add it to the fact that it is a 14K mile old shortblock, short of an extreme defect in the factory forging. Even if it spun a bearing, it would not have done that amount of damage, that fast, in those conditions…which is why I lean towards a severed crank, or a piston that lost its bosses.

yeah ok i actually think i know who your talking about now because you said he added stripes last year…ok well get some pics i want to see what the hell happened…the rebuild had to have been messed or something…

regardless, that is one EFFED up situation. that really sucks.

:ohnoes: :frowning:

Time for a J&J bulletproof rebuild…

more like 4 or 5 b16 to replace the old 8 liter, lol

Hey Dan? You know of a small cruise last weekend with two red vipers, a vette, a porshe, BMW’s, and a few other 6digit priced cars? Its was cool/weird seeing these cars all grouped up cruising.
…just curious.