ATTN: dude with fire viper...

LOL

:lol:

Oh man, here we go. Im grabbing some popcorn for this one.

Do Viper engines only last 50,000 miles?
Note to self: Don’t buy a Viper.

Ouch that sucks

Yea, I know all the people on that cruise… I am usually with them, but I have a slight “issue”… carless for a while longer.

The original engine was over-revved due to a missed shift, thats why it was replaced…bad things happen at 10,000 RPM in a 488 cube engine.

There is more to the rebuild story than meets the eye me thinks… so take it worth a grain of salt.

On a side note, there are many, many, many Vipers with 100K+ miles on the engine… one is even local actually.

hmm. DODGE viper engine bloes at 60,000 miles, my DODGE dakota motor blows up aty 60,000 miles. coincedence?

:gotme: thats why i drive a GM, beat the piss outta it and it still runs

Just playin :stuck_out_tongue:

^ thats y im never buying another Dodge again. my next vehicle will be a V8 Chevy truck, it will run 200,000+ miles.

OH SNAP!!

138k and counting and the only thing i had to replace was the fuel pump :wiggle:

I don’t like dodge.
the ram is the biggest pos I have driven
shit breaks more than my vw did

werd, when they came out with the new body style (back in 94 i think) my dad bought a brand new one. 1994 Dodge Ram Reg cab short box with a 318 5 speed. Biggest peice of junk he ever bought, had so many drivetrain shakes and rattles, had to take the dealership to court just to get em to fix it and they still didnt make it right. needless to say he traded it within a few months after buying it on a new silverado and that thing didnt die till it had 257k on it

I knew there must be more to the story.
No rev limiter? Ouch.

A rev limiter won’t stop mechanical over-rev. Missed shifts will do it…