DYI: 3000GT Oil Pan by Final GTS

http://www.shutterpoint.com/photos/A/20080131_160706__MG_7455_view.jpg

SOMEONE INSULTED A VIPER WAAAHHHHHHHHHH

You are such a moron it is ridiculous. You just proved my point about you being nothing other than a drama toting toolbag. nothing in this thread I have replied to has anything to do with insulting a Viper…

Just you trying to insult me… like usual.

Whatever, I said what I had to say with regard to the ORIGINAL TOPIC.

Peace fuckstick :slight_smile:

you have viper radar lol, i only see you post when vipers are in question

It was kinda hard to miss the title of this one, lol

I just stay out of topics on cars I don’t deal with. Ironically, a lesson some other people on this site might want to try and learn someday. Put up something on 3000GT’s, Viper’s, SRT8 products, Saleen S7’s, Italian toys… and I am there. Otherwise… meh.

Oh, you mean like clogging oil pickups with RTV? Good Job Dan.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3382/3613411917_dfbe7839d1_o.gif

Wow, you are just pulling out all of your greatest hits for me tonight! As if this thread could go any more OT?

More like I got blamed for someone elses incompetence, and didn’t find out about it for what… 6 or 7 years after the fact? Kinda funny how I caused a blown engine without even so much as picking up a tool, and then never even knew about said issue. I guess I have special powers?

Sounds more to me like someone else fucked up, and conveniently blamed me. I fucking hate RTV, and dont use it on anything that I dont have to, and never have- its a half assed sealing solution- buy a fucking gasket. I came over to time the engine since they didnt know how, and thats all I did and left. If someone else didnt clean the oil pan out, thats their problem. And if I told them to use more RTV on the pan, and they did a half-assed job putting it on, thats also their problem. If someone didnt pay attention to oil pressure, thats still their problem. Anyone seeing a pattern here?

Yeah, easier to blame the guy that doesnt know he got blamed than fucking MAN UP and take responsibility.

:rofl: you’re so full of shit dan… but hey you’ve been denying it for 7 years so why stop now :tup:

but just because I like watching you back-peddle…here is the story again to remind you yet again… you came over to do the timing on the motor after going on an on about how much a 3kgt expert you were, we put the oil pan on and YOU PULLED IT OFF, saying it needed MORE RTV…then you proceeded to put more RTV on it and put the pan back onto the motor.

go fuck yourself

Fuck you Jay, and you god damn well know you never said SHIT to me until about 1 or 2 years ago when this supposedly happened in what 2001? You also know damn well that I didn’t so much as pick up a tool when I came over that day for all of 20 minutes, I wasn’t even wearing clothes I could have worked in.

Take responsibility. It was YOUR engine. YOU put it together. YOU put it in the car. YOU GUYS had the final say in assembly no matter what “supposedly” happened. You make it seem like I built the engine for you and dropped it off as a crate motor.

Besides, what, was your fucking oil pressure gauge broken? You are the idiot that obviously drove it with no oil pressure and blew the fucking thing up.

I dont want to hear about it nor give a shit.

You know for a fact that the stock “oil pressure gauge” is an idiot light at best, once its done its done its not going to save anything because of how inaccurate it is.

So yea you must be right, me and will both have the same exact memory of you giving us a hard time about the oil pan, after you watched us put it onto the motor, to the point that you yourself pulled it off and “fixed it”. Again, like i said, keep denying it :tup:

just saying… must have been a coincidence or something :gotme: sorry I didn’t chronical your every move to get a shot of you with a tool in your hand, but you must have been over by the engine like that for no reason at all. oh wait thats right, that was when you were doing the timing, after pulling and putting the oil pan back on!

:2fingers:

just man up and say you fucked up because you were still learning back then, is it that hard? lol

Suuuuuure I did. What the fuck reason would I have to pull your pan off when doing a timing belt? I know that I timed the belt, but anything beyond that…?

Regardless, do you not have a mouth? are you incapable of saying no? Incapable of checking things yourself or re-doing them?

And this is whats wrong with this country.

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. LEARN IT.

:lol: yes you are the perfect role model citizen for this country

but hey when you’ve been fed with a silver spoon all your life i guess you’re just a product of your environment… ignorance is bliss

Fed with a SILVER SPOON? Are you fucking SERIOUS?

You know damn well I worked for everything I have and haven’t had any of it handed to me. I was running a business while still in HIGH SCHOOL. Gee whiz, maybe you should have done the same so you wouldnt have to bitch about it now?

you’re still talking? atleast you would have had an ounce of credibility left to me if you would just admit to it, but obviously that isn’t going to happen… ah well, some things never change

And maybe I would have a GRAM of respect for you if you would just admit that YOU were the one that did the final assembly, had the option of re-doing things and didnt, and ignored the oil pressure gauge- all of which make everything else a bit moot.

Your engine. Your responsibility.

And for someone who was SO SURE I was responsible, you never did much to tell me about it. I wonder why that is?

And I do apologize to the original poster, but if some people in this thread would have stayed on topic in the first place, I wouldn’t have gone off topic to sweep up the bullshit.

Odd, every topic you are in is full of bull shit. I wonder why that is… couldn’t be because YOU are full of shit could it…

Because i’m not the general population that is sue happy… you were a “friend” that I had help out, what am I going to do make a big stink about it? lol But you still feel the need to deny it, and thats when I’m not going to just sit here and let you ramble on about bs that isn’t at all true.

Like I said, just man up, shit happens, you’ve obviously worked on enough cars since and any human being learns more as they go along, its not a knock against what you currently do

Hm… outside perspective on this but why would he have to re-do things if he had done them himself?

The only reason he would have to re-do something is if someone else did the work and he had reason to suspect it was done wrong.

But you’re trying to claim you didn’t put the pan on?

I’m glad I’m not the only one who see’s this lol

You are missing the point, I am not saying I put the pan on, but I am saying that even if I did- it does not exempt him from re-doing it, re-checking it, etc… so no matter what, its still HIS responsibility in the end.