Some fucked up shit

So today I decided to take my motor out so that it could be put in a firebird that we have. As I was taking my stuff off I look and see that the water pump is leaking. So I take it off so that I can put new gaskets on it. I fgure since I’m there I might as well take the opti spark off to, so that I can check it out. As I take the opti spark of I see bolts falling and the timing gear and chain drop down in the cover. I have no idea how it happen but all of the bolts that hold the timing chain gear onto the cam were broke.
I know some of u don’t know what an opti spark is or what it looks like but it is my distributer. The only thing that was holding it together was the little dial pin that lines the opti to the cam and the bolts on the outside of the opti that bolts to the timing chain cover.

No wonder the damn thing ran like shit. I’m really amazed that it didn’t break when I was spraying it.

Originally posted by OrangeSS
So today I decided to take my motor out so that it could be put in a firebird that we have. As I was taking my stuff off I look and see that the water pump is leaking. So I take it off so that I can put new gaskets on it. I fgure since I’m there I might as well take the opti spark off to, so that I can check it out. As I take the opti spark of I see bolts falling and the timing gear and chain drop down in the cover. I have no idea how it happen but all of the bolts that hold the timing chain gear onto the cam were broke.
I know some of u don’t know what an opti spark is or what it looks like but it is my distributer. The only thing that was holding it together was the little dial pin that lines the opti to the cam and the bolts on the outside of the opti that bolts to the timing chain cover.

No wonder the damn thing ran like shit. I’m really amazed that it didn’t break when I was spraying it.
i thought is was cause u worked on it but since i saw that i’m amazed:dunno:

haha… sounds like you’ve been lucky… eh sam

:eek:

dude that sucks…always remember torque specs

impact gun:D

Originally posted by brokeasskorean
:eek:

dude that sucks…always remember torque specs
impact gun:D

This was a stock motor out of a car on the hill. I just took it out of the car and put it in mine. I didn’t touch anything internally.

This was a stock motor out of a car on the hill. I just took it out of the car and put it in mine. I didn’t touch anything internally.

well that aint no good:confused:

at least it didnt go on u though so just tighten that shit down and just sell it…lol

“Like a Rock”

Originally posted by Darkstar
“Like a Rock”
Okay what do u have that is faster then what I have and if I remember right your piece of shit was always breaking. i quess it was because of all of that hp u had.

Okay what do u have that is faster then what I have and if I remember right your piece of shit was always breaking. i quess it was because of all of that hp u had.

whats hp?

Originally posted by brokeasskorean
whats hp?
hairy pie!!!

dam u are lucky thats y i wanted a ls1 the optispark blows

Originally posted by quiksilverado
its ok that other motor has that bad spark plug housing. and i spoke to
shaggy he’s up fro it

:confused: housing

Originally posted by quiksilverado
it to lure shaggy in [like a scooby snack does] i used to have two bad plugs
and i let him have it.

ok

Originally posted by Silver_WS6
dam u are lucky thats y i wanted a ls1 the optispark blows
Actually it wans’t the opits fault the opti actually saved the motor. The cam bolts came loose. If that happen in a LS1 u would have alot more stuff screwed up then I did.

Actually it wans’t the opits fault the opti actually saved the motor. The cam bolts came loose. If that happen in a LS1 u would have alot more stuff screwed up then I did.
it don’t happen on LS1:p

achilles heel of DSM’s… junk trannys.

Originally posted by Darkstar
achilles heel of DSM’s… junk trannys.

correction

SHITTY DRIVER!

Originally posted by Shaggy
correction

SHITTY DRIVER!
x2