Motor went

try this again, any fags try to ruin this thread ill smack u in the mouth, personally.

Pulled up to a red light on the way to station square. was in neutral just coastin, and all of a sudden, car started rapping. Get a tow home from adam cause his rear end went like with in the same hour. well the next morning check it out, spun a rod bearing, soo the camaro sits behind my brothers shop until i finish the new set up.

Past problems with the car are as follows, once i did the cam swap and all that fun stuff, along wth the TSP ported LS6 oil pump, the car had low oil pressure. around 20 psi after warm up. then later part of summer get it dyno’d, holy shit car is running 14.7 a/f ratio, shit i need to tune it before a hole is in one of my pistons. yes i should do somethign about the oil but i decided to hold off knowin this winter was going to bring a new motor. well it didnt hold off long enough, like ended a week shorter than i hoped for. but oh well. and oh ya, the tune had nothign to do at all with the car.

sorry to hear, man. hope you get it all good for next year.

one more reason why i went close to stock ls6 with my head/cam setup. i cant afford/dont feel like messin around with all that setup and possible breakage once you get the car runnin crazy fast.

What should a stock(ish) LS1 be at normally?

My 87 Suburban runs about 25PSI once its warmed up and ready to go, and honestly I didn’t think there was any problem with that. I’m under the assumption that the LS1’s are a far different beast?

yes LSX are no where near the same as your typical Gen I or Gen II motors. alot of ppl think this and make huge mistakes with them

with warm temps expect to see 40psi and 70 to 80 wot
with a ported pump you should see about 45psi at idle

20 at idle is horrible for a ls1, his motor seen 5psi with AC on before

mines around 48 at idle 75+ wot

Sorry to hear (again :kekegay:) but it’s always bigger and better the next time!

:sadwavey:

ya, this new build should be fun!

its sad to see it go, brothers boss might buy the motor, or if not im just going to part the fucker out

sorry to hear man…so what is the next setup?

just another aluminum block

Sorry to hear man…if ur belt slipped off that could of been the culprite,i am correct when i say ur belt had slipped off am i not? I have been told by a person b4 that a tune could cause a spun rod bearing when it happened to mine,and that is the reason y it happened in 3 seperate motors, PCM was fried and i never knew it

yes but this motor had issues long before a tune. and if a ECU is fried then the car wouldnt run period. heard many stories of ppl blaming a ECU cause of it being faulty. now there are cases where someone not knowing something could of caused a lean issue but that wasnt this case. bearings letting go is mechincal issue not a electriconic issue.

if this motor of justins would of had a carb on it, it would of went the same way as it did. knocking is a sign of bearings plain and simple. a lean issue would cause a hole in the piston and for the oil to mix with coolant, or total loss of compression,

bearings are usually wiped out cause of poor oil circulation, comtaminats in the motor, or knicked bearings when installing the cam

it was the motor not the tune. people need to stfu!!! especially when they don’t what their talking about!!! i’m surprised the motor didn’t go sooner!!! that psi was damn low. we can put the tv2 in my car and use the tune and well see if i spin a bearing.:wink: pull your motor out and we’ll build a forged 346 for me!!!

I’m NOT saying it was the tune - this is just a question! :slight_smile: Is it possible for a car to run so rich that fuel gets into the oil and wipes a bearing? I know my oil seemed pretty thin when I drained it, and it seemed to have an odor, but it could have been my imagination that it smelled odd. Or would it take something more severe like a leaky injector to dump that much fuel?

it might be possible. but in his case quik said 12.8 AFR, which isnt what i would call TOO rich.

So the belt was slipped off? And it was acting up b4 hand?

I myself am not blaming it on the tune,but i have been told(by urself) and others.esp on CLUBGP that not so much a fried PCM but a malifunctioning one can cause a bearing to spin as well as a messed up tune. Now if the PCM is faulty,it can still run fine but all it takes is one lil fuck up or wire in the hearness for the PCM itself or circut to heat up when the motors warm and KABOOM ! U know what i mean. I have see nit as well as heard about it b4. How was he running b4 hand? It sucks when u cannot figure out the problem,i know

More than a handful of 04+ GP guys have popped pistons due to aftermarket/tuned PCMs.

and excessive rich condition can wipe out rings but never heard of bearings