Motor went

when i hear fried ECU i think its shot and wont turn on, now short in wiring isnt part of the ecu

belt slipping off could be from the bearings being shot and the crank walking some and allowing movement. also go to remember that motor seen 7k a good bit of time

yes pistons, but not bearings

12.8 isnt rich at all since alot of LS1s like 13.0 and factory for them is 11.8 target

you need injectors bud along with other shit before that car goes south also. the TA is at 80% duty cycle with her new tune and im sure your past that. if wnat it looked at or tuned get a hold of talin and we’ll go frome there

lol @ your sig and the fact you dont’ even understand what i was talking about. :rofl:

It’s more possible for detonation to put excess stress on the bearing surfaces which area already warn from low oil pressure. it only take one metal to metal contact to grab the bearing and spin it. It’s hard to log detonation on all 8 cylinders when knock sensors are typically monitoring the hottest cyl. If the heads have been touched at all it makes it even more difficult to log cyl variances…but you’re on the right track also if the oil smells like gas, justin never mentioned.

Hell i’ve seen rods bend from the detonation caused by running the wrong heat range spark plug.

It would probably be in your better interest to to gather information about what kind of things can cause the stress that eventually leads to bearing failure before jumping to conclusions like everyone else around here.

again starting shit you have no clue about, his motor had issues long before a tune. cant any of you fuckers get that thru your fucking dumbass minds? and his motor didnt detnoate dumbass. if you recall he had issues soon as he did the oil pump!!! but i wouldnt expect some ppl to understand the text

if anyone is jumping conclusions its you. youre blaming the tune which and when he had issues long before the tune. thus wiping any blame of tune out. i can play the log to anyone. its a safe tune and his issue was because of low psi due to the oil pump or the O-ring not seating correctly. now you have no idea bout a LS1 or anythign involved with them. the chances or a ls1 rod bending or weaking due to what you stated is far from possible in this case. now before you go posting again go read up some and understand the text at hand knowing he had issues when the oil pump went in along with the cam.

it sucks your engine blew… but no more threads about it.

here is another thing, most of you do not know. LS1 rod bolts are not good beyond 6800rpms, most say if u go over 6500 u should change em, i still had stock rod bolts in, and was many a times gone beyond 7k rpms, esp when the stock tach was still in the car, and was to slow, and i would hit the rev limiter while shifting which was at 7k or 7200rpms.

So it is driver neglegence u are saying?

ya, could be. its not somethign that happens all the time tho with the rod bolts, but havin the lower oil pressure prob helped em out. i prob wont fully know until i get to tear the mother fucker apart. i knew there where things that need to be done, but was hopin to make it until december then i was going to do the new build, but oh well

no, it has to do with the damm low oil psi and the revs dont help either. revs are there to go along with the cam. i used the same cam in larger motor and seen 7500 a few times and not issues. constantly shifting at 6800 but i also had good oil psi. i even tore down that motor i spun that high and no signs of anythng out of nature. now come 07 that motor will spin 7400 constantly

So like i said…drivers negligence(for not changing the rod bolts and taking all neccesary formatable changes):nono: We have all been down that road.

Wwhen u do take apart, how will u know what caused it? As far as i know u A. take aprt lower end…B.Take off rod caps…C.look at the pretty scorched n smashed bearings and start all ove ragain:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

10psi/1000 rpms it’s as simple as that, unless his car went under that it isn’t what caused the damage there was another factor plain and simple. If it grabbed the bearing then either there was a blockage, too much heat, rod stretch, or detonation causing uneven load, or vibrations through the crank because of out of balanceness.

if there is to much gas(in the oil),u can whip out main bearings!

not everybody does it, its not somthing that happens all the time. but my low oil prob helped out, and thats the luck i have with this car.

ya, should i have u there, since u have 3x the experience at lookin at “scorched and smashed bearings”

i would hav ementioned that too but i already did above so i figured it was useless to repost it again…but yeah.

it is possible. esp on boat anchor type motor with fuel pumps running off cams. when the fuel pumps go bad it pumps the oil pan full of fuel. i would say difficult on newer motors but old school carb motors it can def happen