70 challenger rt

My dad is restoring his 1970 Dodge Coronet r/t Convertible 440-6 pack right now and after that its my 69 RoadRunner up for resto… good thing they have plenty of outlets for parts like year one and the paddock

is that an IROC daytona, or a Shelby Daytona in the background??

Any pics? My dad had a '70 convertible, 440 magnum/4-spd sublime.

What “solid” car needs that much metal replaced?

Metal was replaced because the car was hacked up for 70s style flares and had been wrecked a couple times. No rust on the rails, floor pans, etc… trust me I expected alot better and not much metal work from a CA car! But I get paid, so I don’t care, I’m used to it from the PA cars I work on. My challenger I patched literally for a month and still not where this car is!

The daytona, thats just a 91 es 3.0. I have a couple turbo dodges here, 85 z, 89 silver shelby(rwd conv project), and alot more.

my dad is tryin to get either a 69 GTX or 69 charger r/t off an old friend of his, both cars have been sittin for a while. in the past my dad had 67 cornet r/t, a 69 gtx and a 70 charger r/t. the charger was loaded, six way seats, a/c etc… etc… he traded it in on a 67 vette convert and traded that in on his 77 vette… hind sight is 20/20 the 67 vette and mopar are woth big bucks now.

i love driving the stage 1, it faster, but driving his 69 road runner is so fun, even though no PS or PB. when the outboard carbs open up its like someone hit a n2o button. mopar big blocks sound second to none. its like living the movie bullit. except without the annoying mustang struggling to keep up with the BONE stock 68 440 charger…

Yeah, looks like ya got a nice collection. I’ve never driven a gs or any others you have. I had a 69 runner with a mild 440 and a 70 runner with a stroked 499 with edelbrock heads and all. Theres nothing like torque with a big block, I had a ta that would turn high 12s and it felt nothing like the runners.

on the subject, what is a 68 coronet rt worth, souther car needs restored, im not big on mopars but hows it value compare to chargers etc?

Is that a rotisari setup :eek3:

Headlights are ugly as sin, but to each his own.

i thought i heard that rusted k members on these cars was the problem. is that true? i like these old cars.

Ive never seen a rusted k-member! Maybe rails and such, but 30-40 year old cars, so thats expected.

Headlights will be back to stock 4 round style, someone hacked this car at some point, but it will be stock, although might have a 493 under the hood :slight_smile:

Coronet rts dont bring in charger money, but not far off. Value I cant say without seeing, knowing all the details, #s, etc… if its a 4 speed, would have a dana, if they are missing, not cheap. Would be a 440 also, unless its a hemi car.

off topic question,

But did you build your rotisserie or buy it? I have an old project car that is dying to have a rotisserie, but it seems like a waste of $1600.00 for one car. So I was thinking of building one.