70 challenger rt

Been working on it for 6 weeks now when I can. So heres some pics along the way, believe it or not its a CA car. Original 440 car and is factory sublime. Lots of pics since the owner lives in CA and can;t see it in person.

As arrived:

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/GD1996/calchally1222+001.jpg

But heres where it was two weeks ago:

As of this past weekend:

nice project.

wow, ground up… thats what i like to see!

That’ll be a big money car when your done with it. Good luck and stick with it!

do you mind if i ask how much you picked it up for? considering its a major project car and an Ebody i was wondering if you got a decent deal. Fucking barret jackson drives the price of cars like that way up. 20 years ago that woulda been like 2000 car now its probably 5000-8000. my dream car is a 70 challenger rt 440 six pack, auto, plum crazy, hard top. chrome bumpers without the ugly bumperettes, t/a spoiler, ta side outlet exhaust, cragar ss’s, white R/T stripe, white interior, chrome sport mirrors and a powerbulge hood with the black out…but i want the D-O-D-G-E still on the hood… wasn’t available with the blackout.

This isnt my personal car, I also own a 70 challenger its about at the same stage, but had to put it off because this one pays the bills! I believe he got it for 3500 which was a steal being numbers and all. The trunk floor and around the front window is really the only major rust, but was wrecked on the ps quarter, then wheelhouses and extensions hacked for some custom flares, etc… Easily a 50-60k car when done. The owner wants it as a driver, but will still be show worthy. He just sent me a 72 imperial I gotta paint, was once owned by President Jimmy Carter!

sweet,LS1 it!

HA! Factory 440 car, numbers matching and you want to ls1 it! I considered it for mine, but I’m going 5.7 hemi in it, maybe 6.1.

that things got a hemi…lol

3500 is a steal. i would love to find a project ebody, more so a challenger than a cuda, for that much. Mopars are insane. haggarty just recomended my dad bump up the insurance on his 69 Road runner to 40k.

This guy owns two superbirds and more, but he got them before prices went crazy. This summer he is driving out a 68 hemi charger for me to restore. Yeah, prices on e-bodies are crazy. I picked mine up for around 2k and it needs alot of work, but its a 70 which is the most valueable year. My friend has a 69 runner that was appraised at 45k, not even matching numbers.

nice.

i seen and early 70’s challenger forsale a couple months ago for 1800.00 obo, i went back the next day it was gone, i should have stopped as soon as i seen it.

awesome
gotta love the old school mopars

nice project!

can’t wait to see the final product!

Is that a 68 road runner in there as well?

God bless those who restore old Mopars.

Any way you can dig me up a 70 Coronet R/T vert? I’d greatly appreciate it.

68 and 69 runners in there too. Car should be done by summer, little slow now, but once the weather improves I’ll get alot more done. I may take it out for a few shows and cruises before it goes back to CA. No 70 net verts I know of, I wish!

Very cool, keep us posted with the build.

-TJ

3500 is really cheap for a solid e body cutty is right on the money about barrett jakson yuppies watch the speed channle and see that they can make money flippin these cars so they look at it like a business.I kick myself in the ass everyday for sellin my 72 roadruner.which has become very rare maybe some day Ill find another

my buddies dad, has a roadrunner & a Challenger, the challenger is CHEERRYYYYY…and the roadrunner he is doing a resto on it