70mm Z71 - Stage II

I’m a NYS trooper, does it look like I give warnings?

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Just checked my spread sheet… Just under 9gs. Eeeekkkk pay to play

T: Please roll the window down all the way.
JT:But it’s cold out.
T: I have a t-shirt on, its not cold out, are you not from our area? This is warm weather.
JT: You have my license do you not know where I’m from? It states it right on it.

lol, haha.

LoL piggies

" is this a written warning?"

Injectors should be here Monday

Going to new era Friday the 7th for a re tune. Once it’s dialed in at 8 psi w the 60lbers, I’m going to open the cutout on the dyno and see how much boost it makes. If it stays around 11. I’ll run it. If not I’ll swap the WG spring to the 10lber and leave the cutout closed. Rocking 8, 10, 11 whatever psi w a new tune for the engine and the new trans should be awesome and I can’t wait.

I took it to cruise night on wed and got two runs in. Both 8.9 at 79. 2.0 sixty foot. I could barely get it to stall up and the shift points are still whacked. Goal for cruise night is to get a mid 8 at low 80s trap. That is pretty solid and it moves along nicely once she gets Rollin. It’s all in the 60 foot

More boost, New Era and AWD Burnouts :tup:

in before 5.3 goes to pieces and new built motor goes in for more power. lol.

will those 5.3’s really handle 10-11psi reliably?

they can probably handle way more…

They sure can with supporting mods and a good tuner. Do some research.

Are you serious? lol

People do 600-700rwhp on those bottom ends hell there are even people who made 900+ before blowing them up.

For example these are some threads from the first few pages of the boosted section on LS1tech.

People find the 4.8, 5.3, and 6.0s for pretty cheap in junkyards etc boost the hell out of them with great results and reliability.

For a lot of people its spend $500-700 on a junkyard motor get a few years out of it or more VS spend 2500 on a built motor and who knows.

:word:

all my texas truck buddies keep telling me to stop being a girl and put a cam and 15 psi into it

well damn guys excuse me for not being up to date on the ls motors. just seemed like alot of boost for a stock motor but i guess not…

thats what i orig thought too, but man these things can handle it.

600+ wheel, they recomend ls9 head gaskets, studs, rod bolts, and a decent drive train if you have AFM. With those upgrades, 700 wheel is very common with meth.

I fly in tonight, maybe during the week we can meet up. I want to check this thing out

^^^ for sure

heaterz. where are the heaterz?

eehh they get lame in 2wd, ill have to practice in 4x4 beat mode. some dry pavement axis spins are coming

In regards to your wastegate discussions, it all comes down to airflow. In general, big turbo+low boost you’ll want a larger wastegate. The lower the boost, the more flow your gate’s responsible for. Up the boost, turbo requires more flow to maintain said boost level, less work required from gate, ect ect.

The boost actuated cutout that deebo was referring to can be found right here: http://www.spracingonline.com/spblog/?p=131
Watch the video, its pretty slick.

All it is, is another wastegate actuator, but located in your downpipe. The cutout can be set to a specific pressure (lets use 5psi) and opens only when it sees that amt of boost. Anything under 5psi and your cutout is closed, idling, cruising around town or what not. Anything over that, and its fully open, just like your E-cut.
Certainly not the cheapest option out there, but it is by far the most reliable/durable.

I’ll be installing one on my s2000 this month.

That is a good idea and pretty slick but will not solve my problems of over boosting with open exhaust. This unit would open the exhaust cutout at 8psi and would cause it to over boost. Like it does starting w the cut out open at idle.

I need to limit the amount of exhaust going into the turbo.

Oh not at all, was just posting that as clarification as to what it was.

What wastegate do you have on the truck now? You’re asking a lot from the gate running such a large turbo @ low boost levels.