741.15 later, my arms are sore

Funny, I know a handful of female engineers. I never thought it really mattered what sex you were when you chose a career. I suppose in the first grade it did.

I could become an engineer no problem, but I would be bored. I’d rather work with people/on the hospital floor. Different things for different people. :gotme: It’s not like I don’t plan on going on with my schooling after my RN–I’d love to specialize in psychiatric care for my masters.

omg you chose a profession that is rewarding and helps people? wtf?

I will totally respect nurses and stuff…

but seriously, in many places, you are going to make shit money and work crappy hours…

but if helping people is your thang, you’re in the right field.

My cousin has been an RN for 3 years and she is up to $25/hr. :slight_smile: I don’t think that’s half bad for only being one for a few years. Kaleida’s contract is up next year…

I really don’t mind the hours. But you’re right, the first few years I am going to have a…wonderful time…but once I get my foot in the door I’ll have a more concrete schedule. That’s if I don’t decide to join an agency so that I can travel. I have options, at least. If I get my masters then I will be able to work regular office hours depending on what I go for.

$500 book stipend from my scholarship per semester + getting all my books used on amazon for $133 = <3