probably joining the military

I came to a decision and more than likely I will be joining the air force and going active duty asap.

Y is that? did i miss something?

i was actually thinking of the same thing

but not asap, work this season, then join the Air Force in the winter

my buddy leaves tonight for the marines. f/t active duty, four years.

air force is the way to go

ps the air force has a waiting list so youn will not leave right away

I would like to become a clinical nurse. The air force will pay me to do that! living rent free getting money for a car payment and phone bill. Don’t know what else would be better. Three payments and everything else is paid for!

well… have fun. Better you than me!

Well good luck man and keep us posted! :burnout:

Okee Dokee :bigthumb:

I talked to a recruiter for the army about doing the same thing. I wasn’t able to because of a few medical problems. So I’m starting nursing school in Washington this August…Here comes 20 grand in loans. Good luck.

ever think of going to West Penn Hospitals school of Nursing? its like free or almost free if u sign a 2 year contract with them, saying once u graduate, u must work there for the next 2 years

Yes I did, actually I was pretty sure I was going to go there…But I wouldn’t have been able to get in there for another year. I could be halfway through school in a year, so I’m going to Washington. Washington will pay for school if I work there for a year. But, I’m going to be working full time and going to school full time, so the job I have now is good for me. I’m a home health aide, and the case I have gives me time so that I can sit there and study while I’m at work. I don’t know if I would be able to work full time with any other job, because I probably wouldnt have time to study. Some jobs will pay off your loans if you work for them after you have already gone to school. So that’s my plan.

ahh ic…just throwing it out there in case u didnt know!! good luck with it!! great field to get into

anybody that has nursing background and is looking for employment
pm me
its a traveling position

My best friend just graduated from a Nursing School in Newport News/Norfolk VA area and got the same deal. Work for the hospital group for 2 years and they pay off your loans. GREAT deal. Good luck to both of you.

Thanks everyone

the air force is a great way to go, good luck i may go in the future

have fun.

x2

the only reason I would consider joining the armed forces would be if I could be a fighter pilot. that would be worth all the horseshit you go through with the military. Plus it makes it just about impossible to be killed.