7Springs rentals

Hey guys, I love skiing but since moving here haven’t been up to 7springs. My question is should I rent skis up there, or rent elsewhere like in town? And where could I rent locally? How are the conditions of equipment rentals up there?

I know when I went out to CO to ski Vail, Keystone and Breckenridge, my friend who is local told us to rent in Denver and take them with us instead of renting at the slopes…I appreciate any help and advice…thanks! :hsugh:

there are places on the way there to rent from. just look at the signs. see what the prices are online first at 7 springs, so when you stop at these places you’ll know if it’s cheaper

Yeah, I’ve seen them on the way up (we go up for easter brunch, mothers day etc). So the equipment from those places are better quality than renting from 7springs???

dunno never rented from them. i didn’t know you’ve been up that way before.

the equipment is probably very similar. id go off price more than anything

Yeah, only in the spring/summer for brunches (the inlaws like it up there) never skied there before.

OK Thanks :slight_smile:

Here’s the deal…if you rent off mountain and break something, you have to drive off the mountain to the place that rented it to you to have it replaced. If you rent on mountain and it breaks, you ski in and they replace it…so I’d rent on mountain.

rent on the way up there is a place right besidde the BP on the way up and one that is just right past that and is on the same side as the BP and they are both cheap rentiing at the slope is just stupid for the prices they have

Good point…

Thanks for the info, have you rented from them?

Just got back last night. MY buddy rented equipment there and it was $18 on teh slopes. Off the slopes go from $11-$13. Carrying ski’s from an upper parking lot to the lodge for a $5 difference isn’t worht it IMO, and the fact that like said before…something could go wrong ect…

I haven’t skied in over 7 years, but when we were my wife didn’t have her own equipment, so we rented. It seemed as the “off” mountain places had way better equipment. As their’s was “real” equipment as opposed to the any boot fits any ski style that the Springs had then. This may have changed, but back then it was worth renting away from the Springs. And really how often do you break stuff? I skied for about 12 years, and broke one binding in all that time.

willie’s used to do a demo thing where you could pay like 30 bucks and ride new stuff all day. you could even trade off as many times as you want. then if you decide you are going to buy something then they’ll take the 30 dollars off the cost of your skis. its probably way better than buying rental stuff from anywhere. you should check and see if that’s still available.

I live up there like 50% of the winter, I am almost always up there. Its definatly cheaper to rent the equipment off site, but then again you have to carry it, etc… for the little difference it is in money your proably better off to rent them at the mountain.

You could also just PM me, tell me what size boots you were and I could maybe hook you up with skis for just a little over the price of renting, since we dont ski any more…