84 Hurst Olds on Muscle Cars

Explore M P

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hurst-Oldsmobile_W0QQitemZ120455023137QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item1c0badca21&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Nice One on eBay.

These cars are finally getting some love. Nobody realizes that GM owned the personal sport coupe market throught the 80s with the GN, H/O, GP, 442, & Monte SS. Too bad quality issues & lack of power put an end to them in 1988 :frowning:

my uncle has one of these i believe still have it last summer in his shop

true the t-bird was virtually irrelevant. I get a lot of crap for liking these cars but i know my hurst for example is worth 4 times what i paid for it back in 02. as the 80’s childeren get older these cars will only go up . the 60’s 70’s cars are up now and 40’s 50’s cars are on the backside of their peak. in 20 years the cars from that era will be really cheap compared to what they are today.

I feel ya… I still get busted on for liking my 90 Super Coupe.

180hp in a v8=poop… the 307 was a junk motor

180 hp in the 80;s wasnt poop thou. in todays comparisions yes…compared in its field…not at all. the 307 was not junk either… it was a motor that was very reliable in passenger cars that was clearly not designed for performance… the iron duke was no hig performer either but u’d be hard pressed to find someone call it junk.

Iron duke ticks away. find any g dog -hood rat or trailer park queen driving one in 2009 ask them the mileage if they look sober enough to tell you. all are well above the life expectancy :rofl:

my duke went 115 down hill… im such a roll racer :smiley:

holy fuck. max i could get is 90 outta my mums 87 2.5 6000 3 speed auto
that was scary and needed the salt flats to do so. she ticked till 230+k 3 trans later

1st speeding ticket was in it going up large hill in moon twp. never did understand that.

mine had OD…87 2.5 ciera…the needle came down into the gas gauge.

not sure of the ciera dash layout, the 6000 had a basic layout
super large speedo that was lateral that went to 85. then fuel gauge.
not even sure it had a engine temp gauge :rofl: no rpm gauge maybe a volt gauge

However the car had a DIC
Driver Information Center. which was like atari lighted up only the engine on startup :rofl:

ciera dash was like a g-body granny dash… sweeping 85 mph speedo… gas gauge was below the 85 mark… my needle was well into the gas gauge.

That is funny. The only GM that did not make money on engine parts and canceled the program and lasted a long time and still does. Minus the rotted bodies and shitty trans and paint.

they were good cars and GM sold A LOT!!! its was version of the K-car in some ways… Gm should have kept making them and improved on it. they would have a relieable car that was cheap…

K car that year gm body shall never be said in a sentence…

it’s like saying gbody and foxbody

You two ought to get a room.