87 crx project

I have a 87 crx hf. it had a d16a2 (carb)… it sucked, but good gas mileage! anyway right now it is sitting in my garage with the engine/tranny almost ready to pull. i have 90% of the front end disassembled and both front wheel assemblies(inc. CV joints/axels) are off…

My plans on the rex is to swap in a B18B1 w/ y80 tranny, build up low end with cams, and run a 3" exhaust all the way back. with some more fun little side projects… (ie turbo, roll cage, air intake, hondata s300, etc.)

I prefer if i dont go vtec because of the possibility of the addition the turbo. the trick is going to be the wiring from OBD0 -> OBD1, i know theres a conversion kit but its still gonna suck. i have 2 of my friends helpin cause this is my first swap but if you guys have any suggestions with anything or if you could give me any good sources to find any parts… all help is appreciated.

ERuss, pgh

welcome.

… maybe a b18a1 would be a little easier if its your first swap??

good luck either way.

welcome and good luck with the swap

hi

Welcome. Unless you are boosting…a b18 non-VTEC does not need 3" exhaust.

welcome

Ya i plan on possibly boosting it… i’m hoping somewhere around 12psi because the b18b1 can handle that much but it’d probably be more around 9psi… the 3" exhaust I’m sure would give my car problems with the loss of so much back pressure. but i’m going for the “weed wacker on crack” sound, while i blow past bmws and mustangs… lol

x2

im looking to buy a 4th gen. hond civic hb si with a b16

you guys are lame…

So is this website, but everyone is still here.

Try pming Shaggy on here, I think he has some kind of fartcan on his daily driver.

heh, i miss my old 85 Si. Welcome to the fun.

Check out Redpepperracing.com as well, there all 1g CRX/3g Civic guys over there.

You’re right, every last one of us are…it’s obviously not you that’s the problem.

There is no big difference bewtween a b18a and b18b the only thing that makes a big difference is the cams(10hp), fan switch and the dizzy. other then that its a direct plug. and there is nothing trickey about obd0-obd1 its a harness. also vtec and boost is a very good thing together. it looks like your thinking its not good to mix the two.
welcome to the site. just for the heads up this board is split up between imports and domestics. and both are respected on here.

honda-tech.com is the site for all the info.

ive visited honda-tech.com and redpepperracing.com … theyre both good.

Welcome to pittspeed. Should be fairly quick honda your gonna have there.

welcome:beer: