b16a or b18b?

Im about to do a swap on my honda im wondering which i should go with. i figure there are plenty of honda people on here that could point me in right direction. Here are my options. Cars a 95 civic 1.6vtec now.
I plan to turbo what ever motor i do.

B16a 92-95

B18b

and what trans should i use. i know not to use LS. My goal is 280ish on stock motor with boost. then next winter i want to build the motor.

b18b
gsr trans

b16s are teh suck if you’re boosting

^ I cant wait to prove you wrong! but of course still waiting for my head to be down FML!

It deff going turbo.

B18 Block+B16 Head+Gsr Trans= Solid

for right now i would get the b18b, buy a b18b long block and a gsr trans as it will be a good foundation for when you turbo it, and when you build it all you need is a b16/gsr head for a killer combo

dont get me wrong, b16’s arent bad little motors but a 1.8l will beat it in every area

b16stock vs b18bstock will be a close race, get the gsr trans with the b18b and it will pull on the b16 all day

only reason i say that is because of the torque of a b18 platform vs a b16, and spool time

ok found a motor for pretty cheap i think im going to jump on it. Just couple questions.

B18b auto and b18b manual. are they the same motor ? because i know on a dsm the auto and manual have some differences like injector size is different. cams are different. stuff like that.

b18b!

auto and manual are the same except the trans

yeah for boost deffinatly b18b to start off

ive got a b18b bottom end with a b16 head and an ls trans. i love the ls trans in my car but i will be taking it apart to rebuild and put a gsr 5th gear in. but definitely go with the b18b to start.

^^ the gsr final drive would be a better investment than the gsr 5th,

if anything the best combo is b16 1-4 gsr 5th with 4.4 final with of course a nice lsd