B18 Questions

I want to put a b18 in my 92 hatch will the transmission line up with my d15 tranny or should i get a tranny with the b18 are all the b18 tranny identical and whatelse will i need

your talking to different motors, you need a b series tranny to go on a bseries motor, an integra LS/GS/RS trany would be the cheapest, but you could also use a gsr or b16 tranny, the gearing is more optimal on them

Yeah, D and B are not interchangeable.

ok thankz guy i appreciate the help , what can i modifi on the motor

How much money do you have?

not much

i gonna sell my hatch accord and get some more money soon

Have you driven/ridden in a b18 swapped civic? It’s a good time. You may just want to swap it in and play with it like it is before trying to do crazy shit to it. Figure out your long term goals. Turbo? Supercharger? Nitrous? High compression NA?

But, one thing you will probably want to do is a good clutch while you have the tranny off. Something better than stock - I run an Exedy Stage 1, and it is awesome. Something that I don’t recommend for daily driving is the 8lb flywheel. It isn’t very pleasant in conjunction with everything else I did…

i thave a b18b for sale, pm me if you want it

before you go crazy and start buying parts, decide what direction you want to go, what do you want to use your car for, what is the budget you have to spend within, what are you trying to accomplish etc… think and plan out what you are trying to do, do research and then when you know what your goals are, then buy parts

if you just jump right in and start buying parts you might end up wasting money

ex, do you want to autocross? drag race? track days? do you want your car to still be able to be a DD, do you want it for your weekend car? etc…

like surshot said get a clutch right away… you dont know who had that tranny before you and how much they beat on it. Then just drive it with the LS swap for a while… save up money then when LS isnt fast enough anymore start to upgrade

:word:

everything has to work as a SYSTEM, do not just mis match parts togeather, becuase you will be extremely dissapointed with the minimal results.

Which B series are you looking at?

i want B18c5

i want drag racing , what better turbo or super ,no nos

I love lamp…

Seriously - B18C5 is NA ONLY. Don’t screw up perfection, please. If you want to drag, and you want boost, you want a B18B, a GSR tranny with LS 5th gear, and a Turbo the size of your head.

ok thankz

what other mods would u suggest

if you dont have $$ dont mod, get used to driving ur car stock 1st

(for some reason im totally thinking this guy is a troll)

It all depends on the tune. The c5’s are not NA only, but the b18b would be cheaper.

a b18b swap should be the cheapest for what you are trying to do

PM or call hybrid they can answer any technical questions you have and do all the work for you