89 ka24e. power wont shut off. please help.

Ok…so long time sitting In garage. Blew the engine a few years ago and decided to finally get around to replacing it.

Swapped once. No issues except I blew up the next motor.

This time I swap it…get it reaqdy to run. Go to turn the key and it wont crank over.

Figured the batteries dead. So I get it charged, throw it in and she still wont crank. Shortly there after I realize removing the key does not cut power to my car. Doesn’t even recognize my key is out. So I try something because the collumn is still apart.

Disconnected the ignition switch from the harness and power didn’t cut. Tried the same with the ECU and power did not cut. Nothing short of pulling a main fuse has worked.

Is there something I’ve overlooked? Also brake lights wont shut off and wipers click but don’t light up or light on dash.

Pulled green relays by battery…and the gray. Didn’t cut power.

Completely and utterly lost here guys.

Someone help me.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

I should mention that it worked properly once…but the battery was actually dead. So when it tried to crank it fail.

Now with a full charge. Nothing

Check your grounds. My car used to do the same if it stalled. The power would stay on until I started it and turned it off manually. Check your grounds for your battery. Other then that I’m not sure.