9 Second AMS GT-R Video - First in the world!

Well why not get a bike and just mod it and run 9’s for 1/8 of what bill’s car cost. What kind of stupid argument is this???

Also, bill has to have 50 grand in his car… there is no way the GTR has 400K in it, lol.

Fucking awesome :tup:

nice work :tup:

Awesome! I love this car, keep it up

Dead yourself.

Good shit man that thing is moving for sure.

lol, Im not sure. maybe but my memory isnt that good.

Thanks!

The trans is not really beefed up too much. Just an upgraded PPG 1st gear. Better seals/fluid. Thats about it. still on stock clutches.

Tranny got a bad name cause of how the original launch control was designed (almost like doing a neutral drop)

Much appreciated!

There were cameras all over.

Helmet, dashboard, back bumper, and then behind the car

Is this all on stock bottom end or is this a built motor?

Stock bottom end. No cams. No head work.

All bolt-on’s

How did AMS modify the launch control? I’m assuming they tuned it out someway since everything is computer controlled or is it something that Nissan themselves changed/corrected?

That’s pretty awesome that your the first to go that fast in one of those! Congrats!

:tup:

AMS did not modify Launch control. Instead there is another Launch control that Nissan came out with where the launch wasnt as nearly as abusive as the original.

Launch Control 2, as its called, is very similar to preloading first gear.

To date nobody has modified the TCM, but Cobb is a few weeks away from allowing AMS and a few other shops a chance to test it. With the new software, tuners will be able to adjust launching RPM’s, clutch engagement, torque managment, along with many other things.

It will help those who are working on even larger builds then this the tools to go faster!

wow great, i remember watching this at the track and i was impressed with it stock