AMS GT-R sets all out MPH RECORD! On PUMP!!

First and foremost, props to AMS and gleason!

Car is freaking amazing and gleason has mad Skillzzzz with a camera:)

To keep it short- The car broke the ALL OUT MPH RECORD for a GT-R… only by .07 but hey, we are on PUMP GAS!!

The car we toped was on C16 and had more mods!

Further more, we bested our pump gas ET record with a 10.48!

Car is basically running slightly modified stock turbos, exhuast, injectors, and a tune… thats it!

A few guys should be coming up from AMS shortly to give this car a little extra edge!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/AMS-GTR-goes-1048-13430_700953.htm

Current standings as far as E.T. goes

MVP- 10.31 @ 131 (Race gas, upgraded turbos + more mods)
SSP- 10.37 @ 134.23 (Race gas, upgraded turbos + more mods)
AMS- 10.48 @ 134.30 (PUMP GAS, upgraded turbos only)

Single digits are the goal! hopefully soon!

Impressive…

whats the white shit in the pass. side exhaust tip at the end? hmm?

Wow. very nice.

Not C16. He clearly said it was on 93.

The car has no resonators or cats… not to mention its pushing some power- its pretty normal actually. a little exhuast smoke coming out is normal/expected.

side exhuast tip? lost me there…

Thanks guys!

If you were simply trying to beat some record why not find a track that has a really low DA?

Anyways congrats

Thanks

We really didnt care about it… It wasnt till I hit the track on the 20inch wheels and runflats did I see the potential of the set-up

Then I thought about it and said- what the hell, let me see if we can beat them on pump gas!

Late september around here is pretty nice. I know we are not terrible though in comparison to other places in the U.S.

:tup:

1:34 “just to show there are no lines or anything like that, I took off the valve cover”

:lol:

engine cover :wink:

HAHAHA I just realized that…Dude my bad LOL

We made the vid late that night. I was freakin tired as hell.

Im suprised nobody else called me out on it yet- seriously not one person. WTF is wrong with everyone LOL

Believe it or not, its habbit for me to say that. I was always taking off the valve cover to change plugs on the Evo

No you took the coil cover off on the evo

Never heard it called that LOL

Edit:

lets get more specific lol

spark plug cover.

Sick.

When you take a valve cover off you will be looking at rockers, springs, etc. LOL

Anyhow this is pretty sweet. What was the 60ft? 1.7ish? high 1.6? What are people doing now that the trans is holding up to power it seems?

Agreed. End debate LOL

Its 2am. Im tired hahaha

What made the trans weak was how the original “launch control” was set up.

LC1 was basically doing a neutral drop. First gear couldnt handle the violent shock, so a few snapped. After like 100 or so launches.

LC2 (What Im on) is just preloading first gear and taking off. It doesnt give you that crazy take off like LC1, but its much easier on the trans.

I cut a 1.66 on that pass… my best has been a 1.65

The car with the quickest ET is still using LC1 and he cut a 1.53 I believe.

I need that 60 ft!

nice run.

i wouldn’t use “only” when talking about upgraded turbos tho haha.

:picard: It’s a REALLY good thing that you don’t work on your own cars. Someone would tell you to change your transmission fluid and you’d end up with 4qts of transmission fluid in the engine and lots of gear noise. :lol:

cool

eh, modified stock turbos is BARELY upgrading.