9 Second AMS GT-R Video - First in the world!

Thought I’d toss the video up. First GT-R to run 9’s!

http://www.streetfire.net/video/worlds-first-9-second-gtr-by-ams-performance_742460.htm

nice!

wow that shit is quik

Well…someone has to mention it…

Isn’t turbo faster for like 1/8th the price?

Im a little confused at what your trying to say? What exactly do you mean “isnt turbo faster”

Thanks guys!

Nice times, nice car, and nice vid

I guess if I was going to spend a crap ton of money on a car to drag race, it would be faster than a camaro…

Is there plans for other racing for it? Or just doing 1/4th pulls and highway races?

Thankfully being sponsored means Im not wrtiting blank checks.

To answer your question- Its a street car that ran a 9 in full street form with bolt-on parts. Nothing too crazy was needed in order to accomplish this and thats what I like.

Setting myself up to say beat a camaro would be pointless… domestics have been going fast for god knows how long… there are 15 second camaros and 6 second ones… what do I need to prove?

I like this car :slight_smile:

my lord this is said so well. Why can’t people understand you like what you like? What are the 60ft’s mike?

Thanks

60fts lol…

Well, on the first pass - 9.90 - the car went 146.96 with a 1.72 60ft. 116 in the 1/8…
On the 9.89 pass, a 1.58 60ft was cutt… BUT a mis-shift from 2nd to 3rd screwed what would have been an awesome run I think to only going a touch faster. And the 1/8th showed the mistake- only 112… Going to have to try again!

And Im sure people are thinking mis-shift??? How?

The tach in all honestly couldnt keep up with the actual RPM’s… Had to short shift the first three gears. ~5800 on the tach was really 7000…

They are working on that now…

nice. yeah with a 1.5 that woulda made it even better. Ah well at least you know what that puppy has in it!

wait im confused, is this AMS’s GTR or is it evo mikes?

Yes sir!

Joint project between us both

awesome, did shep build up the trans or is it still stock trans? very impressive and it looks so easy and smooth.

Congrats! That’s movin!

This is so close to my home! Unfortunately my car wasn’t able to make it this year. :frowning:

Some other cool Texas racing vids…

car is moving fast from inside of the car. you got two camcorders set up inside?

nice

Very sweet :tup:

wasnt there a call out money race for you last year when u were rolling around stock?

you should bump it now