91 ls into 99 civic

what is needed to make it work?

need to be taken to one of our site sponsors they will get it done and you wont have to worry about a thing

From what I know you can use the 99 electronics but need Different injectors(think 92+ will work but i forget) & OBDII dizzy(91 is obd 0, 92-95 dizzys were ODB I if you want to back date there are harnesses for OBD I). Also need a 94+ tranny sync its hydro and 98-99 ECU i think dyue to the OBD 2a and 2b transistion… Im sure someone from hybrid can chime in on what else… ive been out of hondas for a while

Those motors are a little under powered tho. 10 less HP from the 92+ models. Not sure how bad it would be in a civic.

Ask them about the inspection.Cus i think u having a obd0 engine on a obd2 chassie might fail.Im not sure.

Wont matter unless he backdates the OBD to something other then stock. Then its illegal/not going to pass. The motor itself being older, who is going to actually loook up motor codes for that shit.

B18A kinda sucks have i have 2001 B18b obd2 swap though :slight_smile:

If you need to pass emissions inspection you’ll need to run an obd2 ecu, probably form either a 99 or a 2000 which should be pretty easy to find. The buggest problem would be that the 91 LS engine does not have all the sensors needed by the obd2 ecu, such as the crank position sensor. The crank position sensor could be retrofitted onto the older motor with a few aditional parts but for the extra loot required a 99-00 LS motor could be had.

problem with using a 99-01 integra ecu is that they have the immobilizer though.

Good point, forgot about that.