HELP: 97 civic hb ls/vtec ecu ????

I have a 1997 civic hb ls/vtec swapped 5spd the car is OBD 2 im running a p72 gsr ecu thats OBD1 im using a jumper harness the problem is it wont pass inspection passed the safety part but when it gets hooked up to the machine for emissions it dosent give any signal please help thank you

Lol

Dude. Seriously?

get an obd2 p72, tard

ur mother

Clever

Seriously though, you need an obd2 ecu in an obd2 car in order to pass inspection. It’s pretty straight forward

is the whole motor obd1?

not sure the block is b18b1

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

somebody told me to get a p28 ecu chipped but thats obd 1 how would that help me pass emissions ?

If you are running a jumper harness i would assume that your motor and and engine harness/sensors are all obd2. You should just be able to get an obd2 gsr ecu and you should pass (providing you have all correct sensors)

You should be able to get it to run fine on any obd2 ecu as long as all your sensors and bs are in order. Do you have the stock ecu plug it in hope for no cel and drive it easy to get inspected

i guess i don’t see the point of a jumper to obd1 , unless you have some sort of sick nasty sick tune giving your honda a whopping 88 torquezz. might as well just stay obd2 all the time

what makes the motor OBD1 or OBD 2 is the dizzy and the ECU … hit up the junkyard grab a GSR DC2 ecu and take it and have it chipped… may be easier to egay it

the only point of going back to obd1 in a honda is for tuning reasons. most honda tuning software programs, (hondata, crome, neptune) are obd1 rom editors. the only obd2 systems are aem, or similar caliber ems. you NEED an obd 2 ecu for a b16(p30) or gsr (p72) to pass nysi without a hitch. some people use other obd2 ecu’s and get away with it but the cars dont run right and they just switch ecus right before they run it through. no special combination of jumper harness’s or chipped ecus or obd 1 tuning software will help you pass. obd 2 only, tard