civic problem

I took my car to get inspected today and when they went to do the emissions test and put the plug in under the dash. They said they cant get a signal from the ecu. They also tryed a scan tool and cant get a signal from it either. Any one kow how to fix this. I just put a engine swap in it and its a 97 civic ex.

did you convert to obd1?

what motor is in it?

what ecu is in it?

:doh: The above is pretty important info, how are we supposed to answer without it?

its my buddys car its obd2 still gsr swap from hmotors

Does the obd plug have power…did you guys go obd1? can u commicate with anthing else on the car?

hmm the only thing i can think of then is if it’s obd2a and you converted it to obd2b then the pin for the k-line (communication from ECU to data link connector) may be in a different spot at the ecu? not positive though, just something to check.

Its obd2 still its a b18c. Im going to check the k line today. Im not sure how to check if theres power to the plug they said the machine turned on but it could not get a signal from the ecu. Its supost to be obd2a but not positave Its says p72 on ecu. You think H motors could have sent me a bad ecu?

Can’t you just get a tailpipe test instead?

nate give me a call i have a easy solution

nope, 96 and newer cannot. if you even try the computer kicks you out

Yep Thats what thay told me haha

when i got my del sol “inspected” that tailpipe probe went right in the muffler of a brand new pontiac. anyway did you have to use any sort of jumper harness for the swap. like it was mentioned before i think its the whole obd2a to obd2b thing. happened to my buddys 96 hatch and he put the same swap in.

I did not use no jumper harness. The ecuis supopost to be obd2a.

englais?

No jumper harness I used the stock Civic ex harness. The Ecu is a P72 obd2a