Help me

soo im looking at this car soon and its a obd1 h22 buts its throwing a code so sense its a obd2 car can i get ti inspected with the obd1 ecu when i clear the code? Or can the obd1 motor run off a obd2 ecu and run good with no codes? please help!

What year is the car? If its 96 or younger I don’t think it even need to get plugged in and it won’t be an issue. Your post is to vauge and punctuation is horrible so its a bit hard to understand

ha ha yeah i don’t really care about grammar on a forum site…but the car is a 97 ex with a obd 1 h22 JW if i plug a, obd2 ecu in it will it throw any codes and run like a POS

Well you just have to fix them. I don’t think there’s any legal way around it

wat

LOL. grammar is full of fail. some bad grammar is ok, but you atleast need to make it so that we can understand you when asking for help.

ok, OP, what youre saying is you have a 1997 car that is obd2, however you put a pre obd2 motor in it(obd1) and now you are trying to get it to pass inspection by plugging in an obd2 computer?

not gonna happen. unless the motors are the same and you can use the engine harness from the obd2 and switch it all over, which i find highly unlikely.

basically youre effed. when swapping in motors im pretty sure it has to be of same year or newer and all electronics and emissions have to be retained for it to pass nys inspection when it is 1996 and newer. of course there are some ways around certain things, but its pretty difficult.

ty

i know how to make them pass but fuck you dickhole

or in your language, f u betch

I also don’t care about the clarity of my question when asking for specific advice.